900 calories and lifting heavy

Options
Nah, I'm not that stupid, but i do have a question. I've been jammed up since the first part of April. I seen 165.6 on the scale and thought for sure i was fixing to start losing again. I stopped, if anything, I've went up 2 lbs !! So i am going to do a maintaince break. I'm going to do what "helloitsdan" said and try 2100 for a week, but i am terrified that all the progress I've made is going to go belly up! I.have no intention of eating garbage! Only the same way I've been eating just more fruits and veggies to fill in the "holes" and peanut butter.. its calorie dense and not to horrible. Any way, is there any one out there that has been on a deficit for over 7 months and did a"break" and seen a good drop in weight? Preferably fat loss? I'm serious in trying this, going to stay on my lifting as i do the "nrol4w" and my off days I do jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. And after the m.break, going to do calorie cycling. Any one with experience?

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert. I have no credentials to give advice. But when I stalled out this past month, I decided to up my calories. I went from 1600 to 1750. This week I lost 2 pounds. So it has helped me. It also made me less stressed about hitting that calorie goal each day.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have been going through this exact thing! I had gotten down to 167, but have been stuck there since the first of January. Three weeks ago I decided to take a break. I took 2 weeks off from counting calories and from working out. This past week, I started counting calories and working out again. In the past 3 weeks, I've gone from 167 to 163, as of this morning. It amazes me that I can work my butt off at the gym 3 days a week and not lose anything for months, but take 2 weeks off, and do nothing, and lose 4 more pounds. :grumble:
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yea.. I was eating 1500/1600 and it just stopped! Then again being on a deficit for 7 months straight poetically isn't good for the metabolic rate either! So it's time to "trick"my body!
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well, if you have any intention on building muscle, it's not happening on a 900 calories diet. Not sure of your stats but 2100 likely still wouldn't cut that either.

ETA: If you are doing it for the sake of not putting on muscle, then try and least get your minimum amount of cals a day. Just my suggestion
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well, if you have any intention on building muscle, it's not happening on a 900 calories diet. Not sure of your stats but 2100 likely still wouldn't cut that either.

ETA: If you are doing it for the sake of not putting on muscle, then try and least get your minimum amount of cals a day. Just my suggestion

She was joking.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I had a 3 month plateau at 1800 calories few years ago.. I upped it to 2600 calories and i lost weight pretty consistently after that. A diet break is good.. just when you come off it, have a smaller deficit... So after your week break come off and set your goal to 1800 or something like that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can eat a maintenance for a few weeks, it shouldn't affect your weight at all honestly. Even if you gain a little bit, you should be able to lose it easily after. It's scary though!
  • collingmommy
    Options

She was joking.

Thank you, i didn't want to be a turd and say read the whole thing. But Atleast he Gabe some insight.
  • collingmommy
    Options
    Nah, I'm not that stupid, but i do have a question. I've been jammed up since the first part of April. I seen 165.6 on the scale and thought for sure i was fixing to start losing again. I stopped, if anything, I've went up 2 lbs !! So i am going to do a maintaince break. I'm going to do what "helloitsdan" said and try 2100 for a week, but i am terrified that all the progress I've made is going to go belly up! I.have no intention of eating garbage! Only the same way I've been eating just more fruits and veggies to fill in the "holes" and peanut butter.. its calorie dense and not to horrible. Any way, is there any one out there that has been on a deficit for over 7 months and did a"break" and seen a good drop in weight? Preferably fat loss? I'm serious in trying this, going to stay on my lifting as i do the "nrol4w" and my off days I do jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. And after the m.break, going to do calorie cycling. Any one with experience?

Being over weight is "horrible" food is not "horrible." Pick one....

It usually takes about 2-3 weeks for the break to work. 1 week isn't long enough. How about you try setting up your calories correctl? If you know your body fat, use the advanced method.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975696-advanced-fat-loss-tactics-must-know-your-bodyfat

It will be more accurate. Just don't calculate your "deficit" if you want to eat at your TDEE.

I don't know my deadset bf percentage. But if a week isn't long enough, how come ppl who are on a deficit for 4 months and do a"cheat" meal or a cheat day all of a sudden lose or break a plateau? I'm curious ?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

Being over weight is "horrible" food is not "horrible." Pick one....

It usually takes about 2-3 weeks for the break to work. 1 week isn't long enough. How about you try setting up your calories correctl? If you know your body fat, use the advanced method.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975696-advanced-fat-loss-tactics-must-know-your-bodyfat

It will be more accurate. Just don't calculate your "deficit" if you want to eat at your TDEE.

I don't know my deadset bf percentage. But if a week isn't long enough, how come ppl who are on a deficit for 4 months and do a"cheat" meal or a cheat day all of a sudden lose or break a plateau? I'm curious ?

Each body will react different but not everyone loses after their first cheat meal. They spike their overall caloric intake over several weeks. If it immediate loss, it was water.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I tend to know when threads are joke ones, this must have just went over my head.

Sometimes it gets confusing because some people actually do this.
  • collingmommy
    Options
    It's ok, the title was a joke, the original post was not. But thank u for the input