18 days in and starving

Options
2»

Replies

• juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit more if you carry on like that you will give up have you tried eating 6 meals a day spreading out your calories? every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar stable,life has to be lived and you cant go on like that!
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    Eat every 2-3 hours not til full, smaller meals. Have protein with each meal and choose meals that are full of fiber. The fiber will help keep u full longer. Start your day with a small bowl of oatmeal around 8 am. At ten have an apple. At 12 have 20 almonds at 1 pm have your lunch grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup of brown rice and some veggies. At 3 pm have another healthy snack. Have a snack at 5 and then dinner. You want to also have plenty of water throughout the day which will also keep you full. Good luck.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    How much fat and protein are you eating versus carbs? Eating too many carbs--even carbs from fruit-- can leave you feeling hungry because your body will burn through them quickly and they spike your blood sugar. Blood sugar spikes equal crazy cravings. If your carbs are high and you're eating a lot of grains and sugary items--even naturally sugary items-- try lowering your carbs and eating more fats and proteins, which stabilize blood sugar and keep you full longer. Get carbs from slow burning sources like leafy greens, sweet potatoes, quinoa, etc. and eat them with healthy fats and proteins like olive oil, avocados, nuts, cheeses, meats, etc.
  • teeset
    teeset Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soooo much for your advice, taking it all on board and now have a few different things to try. Onwards and upwards!!!!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    eat more. seriously, eat
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you eat, I really don't think that you necessarily need to eat more calories, just like many other have mentioned before, chose more wisely. Have dense food like veggies, protein and healthy fats , limit your carbs. I've been around 1200 calories aday for 3 months, i'm not starving and I was eating crazy amounts of bad food before that. Some days days I feel more hungry than others and I'll eat more because I don't think that going hungry will help anyone suceed but I'm always careful about what I chose its so easy to pack on the calories...Also, time you eat doesn't matter, I eat most of my calories starting 5 pm and I lost 37 pounds. You've had lots if advice here hope you ddon't go hungry anymore!
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for 6 months hard (83 pounds lost, 15 pounds left to lose) and I'm always hungry. I was a junk food addict all my life and still can't "stomach" vegetables.
    The things that have helped me push through the hunger, whilst staying under my calories, are egg whites! High protein, low fat, low cal. Hope your injury is soon better. Best of luck!