A year of progress.

Options
I spent a huge part of my life over-weight and unhappy. Turning to drugs and alcohol to deal with hating myself. Telling myself for years, "today will be the day I make a change." and never committing to it. Somehow I hit a tipping point, a point where I threw all my vices aside and made the decision, I'm going to do this. A year later, this is where I'm at. I'm not finished my journey, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
I've never felt this great in my life and I can't fathom turning back.

mychanges.jpg

We're all gonna make it brahs.

Replies

• echippendale
    Options
    amazing :)
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    very good congrats
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Props man, good stuff. What did your training and diet look like for the duration?
  • zianazim1025
    zianazim1025 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's a great change! With your weight and also life! I'm sure you are a much happier person! Congrats and keep up the great work
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    Props man, good stuff. What did your training and diet look like for the duration?

I kept my macros at 60/25/15 -- P/F/C.

As for training, I started with SS (Starting Strength) and eventually moved to a 5-day Split.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation!!! Congratulations!!
  • joekleinert
    joekleinert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job bud! I got to that tipping point at well when I was approaching 230lbs. For 5'8" that's bs. I finally started and haven't stopped. Below 200 now and goal is 160 around Sept 1st.

I need to get more info from you on your workout routine. Do you take any suppliments, etc.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    OMG!

You're an inspiration!

Could you describe more about your progress, story, motivators?
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    You look amazing. Lifting is a great thing and I can tell that is something you have incorporated in your journey. Keep up the great work and don't look back. U got this!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man!! :) great work!
  • Shr3dded
    Options
    Great job bud! I got to that tipping point at well when I was approaching 230lbs. For 5'8" that's bs. I finally started and haven't stopped. Below 200 now and goal is 160 around Sept 1st.

I need to get more info from you on your workout routine. Do you take any suppliments, etc.

Since I've been getting messages like this I'll just post my routine here.

As for my diet, my diary is open. I started using MFP a little late, most of my records were on paper for a while. Still same diet in diary though.

As for my routine, its very similar to Zyzz's routine.

Monday - Chest/Arms
    Incline DB Press - 3 sets x 8-12 reps
    Incline DB Fly - 3 x 8-12
    Barbell Bench Press - 3 x 8-12
    Lying DB Fly - 3 x 8-12
    DB Curls - 3 x 8-12
    Hammer Curls 3 x 8-12
    Preacher Curls 3 x 8-12
    Chest Dips 3 x Till Failure

Tuesday - Leg day
    Squats 4 x 10
    Leg Press 3 x 8-12
    Leg Exentions 3 x 10
    Stifflegged Deadlifts 3 x 8-10

Wednesday - Triceps / Calves
    Chinups 4 x till failure
    Close-Grip Benchpress 3 x 8-12
    Pulldowns 4 x till failure
    Skull Crushers 3 x 8-12
    Standing Calf Raises 2 x Fail
    Donkey Calf Raises 2 x Fail

Thursday - Shoulders/Abs
    Military Press 4 x 8-10
    Upright rows 3 x till failure
    Front Raies 3 x till failure
    Lying Rear Delt Raises 3 x 8-10
    Hanging Leg Raises 3-4 x Till failure
    Crunchy Frog - 3-4 x Till Failure

Friday - Back Day
    Deadlifts 4 x 8-12
    Bent over Rows 3 x 8-12
    T-Bar Rows 3 x 8-12
    Wide-Grip Chinups 3 x Till Failure

Drink only Water, and Greentea.

No Sugar, No sweets (Other than sugar free gum and greek yogurt), No soda, No Fast Food, No Unhealthy Snacks.

Stick with it, and youll see results.

As for Supplements

BSN Protein for Pre and Post Workout
    Whey Protein Isolate to mix with foods for added Protein intake
    Fish Oil Caps 3x a day
    Potassium (for my joints)
    Vitamin C
    Multivitamin (I like the GNC Energy and Metabolism for men, but One a Day is great)
    Creatine ( 3 weeks on, 1 week off)
    Jack3d or Craze (Pre-Workout)

Also if anyone wants to add me to friends, feel free to. I enjoy trying to motivate others and keep friends on track. I haven't given up so neither should you.

OMG!

You're an inspiration!

Could you describe more about your progress, story, motivators?

As for my motivators, I didn't want to turn out like a lot of local young adults, hooked on drugs, going no where in life. Also, my older brother, who has been fighting with obesity and social anxiety his entire life decided to make changes and start going to the gym and meeting people out in the world. I figured if he could do it, I can do it. Just gotta have faith in yourself and remember there's no instant-gratification, this is a slow process and you just have to keep at it and know you're gonna get there.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi firstly well done you look fantastic. I am looking to she'd the last few pounds I workout daily sometimes twice doing various DVDs and running and I wondered if I shifted my macros more in line with what you have done would it benefit mr baring in mind I don't lift heavy? I do a kettlebells workout 2 x per week and I do Insanity (starting month 2 next week) at least 5 days and I run up to 3 x per week between 4-6 miles. I am close to my goal and just wondered if the change would help. Thank you in advance and well done again you have done so well.
  • Shr3dded
    Options
    Hi firstly well done you look fantastic. I am looking to she'd the last few pounds I workout daily sometimes twice doing various DVDs and running and I wondered if I shifted my macros more in line with what you have done would it benefit mr baring in mind I don't lift heavy? I do a kettlebells workout 2 x per week and I do Insanity (starting month 2 next week) at least 5 days and I run up to 3 x per week between 4-6 miles. I am close to my goal and just wondered if the change would help. Thank you in advance and well done again you have done so well.

I can't speak for my macros on your behalf since they're based around my height and weight. My excess protein intake is my lean body mass x 1.5 which can be too much for some people. Try to keep protein intake between .85-1.5x lean body mass, lower carbs and keep fat intake medial, as in, healthy saturated fats but still above your carb intake.

And I'm not saying don't eat carbs just limit them to only healthy carbs at certain times of the day (morning and post workout for me). Any fruit is good, along with brocolli, spinach, greenbeans, peanut/almond butter whole-wheat breads and brown rice are part of my regular carb intake.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Amazing! incredible job, brotha
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you that's great.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful progress!
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!