Black Bean Brownies! (Trust me they are excellent)

Options

Replies

• Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try these. My diabetic husband craves dessert. Thanks.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I fricking hate beans, but if people can't tell the difference between these bean brownies and regular ones, I'm going to have to try it.
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    With all the positive posts I may have to try this. My partner is a chocoholic so definitely won't be telling him the ingredients list before he tries them :devil:
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I will have to try these!
  • Mamajeans1973
    Options
    nasty............ill eat a 100 calerie snack pack

did u try them and didn't like it or are u assuming they're not good?
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Excellent-Glad to see a recipe that doesn't start with the boxed brownie mix!! I will have to make these tomorrow for sure.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating my first brownie! These are awesome. I made mine with coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and now my house smells like both chocolate and coconut. I will definitely be making these again.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I've tried these before, and they're honestly disgusting.

Want a brownie? Have the real thing, just not as often.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I've tried these before, and they're honestly disgusting.

Want a brownie? Have the real thing, just not as often.

I just ate my second one but to each their own. It tastes just like a super moist cake like brownie to me. Super rich.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I saw her makes these but forgot about them! i will have to try them! I also have seen the black bean brownies with the brownie mix. In Melissa's recipe, you can replace the oil with apple sauce to make it even lower in fat!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    bump may make these for my daughter's birthday...tomorrow. LOL:laugh:
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they don't sound good but I'm willing to try and see what the fuss is about!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Gonna have to try these!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I made these a few nights ago, I was surprised myself. I have been trying to find healthy alternatives to sweets and have not been successful. I had heard of the Black Blean Brownie trend but what really made me try these was that they were made by Melissa D'Arabian. I love her show on Food Network and had not tried one of her recipes yet. When I say these are moist, perfectly sweet, and make you want to slap someone I am not exaggerating. I talked about them soo much I gave a few to my mom (THE COOK) of the family who won't give anyone a food compliment and she absolutely loved them. They were so easy to make and sooo darn good.
  • Tigerleaf
    Tigerleaf Posts: 4
    Options
    I add a mashed banana to mine and use Total 0 fat yogurt. Makes the consistency really gooey and moist. You can't really taste the banana unless you put two in (which I do). Really delicious!

However, they do make you fart like a trooper...
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies that are vegan, gluten free, and require just one bowl and about 30 minutes to prepare! Healthy, easy and delicious – the best kind of dessert.

15 oz. can (~ 1¾ cups) black beans, well rinsed and drained
    •2 large flax eggs (2.5 T flaxseed meal + 6 T water)
    •3 T coconut oil, melted (or sub other oil of choice)
    •¾ cup cocoa powder (the higher quality the better)
    •¼ tsp sea salt
    •1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    •heaping ½ cup raw sugar, slightly ground or pulsed in a food processor or coffee grinder for refined texture
    •1½ tsp baking powder
    •Optional toppings: crush walnuts, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2.Lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan (not mini).
    3.Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let rest for a few minutes.
    4.Add remaining ingredients (besides walnuts or other toppings) and puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
    5.If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
    6.Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
    7.Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
    8.Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides. I found mine took about 25.
    9.Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist – that’s the point. Plus, they’re vegan so it doesn’t really matter.
    10.Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.

Nutrition Information

Calories: 140 calories Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 163 mg Fiber: 7 h Protein: 5 g

This is a better option, IMO
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I've had them and they are not bad. Saying that they are wetter than normal brownies but the protein and eating something chocolate is totally worth the texture. :)

I dont mean to hijack this thread but if we are sharing recipes, There is another recipe for gluten free lunchlady brownies I make all the time and everyone loves them. My husband wont eat the black bean ones but he LOVES these. The black bean brownies I make (which is similar to the ones you posted) are around 126 a square, the gluten free are 182 for around twice the size and are frosted. Here is the recipe. You wont be disappointed.

http://www.saltboxhousecreations.com/2013/02/gluten-free-lunch-lady-brownies.html
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I tried these brownies last weekend and they were delicious!