Really Struggling to eat my daily calories

Options
I'm really struggling to eat my daily calories of 2500, I don't even get near that

I'd say I get around 1600-1700

it's hard also because I end up going over my sugar intake, what should I do?

-Diary is now open. Go to Monday the 13th for my meal plan for that day -

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    make your diary open, otherwise it's hard to help
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You have way too much junk food. Can you eat meat? If you can add beef, chicken fish (I hate fish) to your diet. Eat whole eggs, various nut and nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew), oatmeal, yams. These are just a few foods.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    yeah echoing the other poster, you're just not eating calorically dense foods like meat, fish, chicken, nuts, peanut butter, coconut oil, avocados, eggs, butter, oatmeal, potatoes, etc

eating a bunch of fruit is great for you, but it's not going to get you to 2500 cal.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I found when facing problems like this it helps to bring it down into small, manageable steps. Especially for something that's not as seriously critical as this is. When I face an overwhelming task like this I tend to just shut down thinking 'theres no way I can do this'.

But you know what's not hard? Drinking a protein shake first thing as soon as I wake up (+90 calories). Do that every day for a week. Now it's kinda routine. On week 2, see if I could eat a small handful of nuts immediately after a workout (+150 cals). On week 3 make that protein shake with two scoops instead of 1 (+90 cals). On week 4 eat a serving of fruit just piror to my workout (+80 cals). On week 5 make my shake with milk instead of water (+60 cals).

A month or two later I'm doing what before seemed impossible.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I found when facing problems like this it helps to bring it down into small, manageable steps. Especially for something that's not as seriously critical as this is. When I face an overwhelming task like this I tend to just shut down thinking 'theres no way I can do this'.

But you know what's not hard? Drinking a protein shake first thing as soon as I wake up (+90 calories). Do that every day for a week. Now it's kinda routine. On week 2, see if I could eat a small handful of nuts immediately after a workout (+150 cals). On week 3 make that protein shake with two scoops instead of 1 (+90 cals). On week 4 eat a serving of fruit just piror to my workout (+80 cals). On week 5 make my shake with milk instead of water (+60 cals).

i wholeheartedly agree with your profile picture.

oh... and... your advice is pretty good too.
  • SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yeah echoing the other poster, you're just not eating calorically dense foods like meat, fish, chicken, nuts, peanut butter, coconut oil, avocados, eggs, butter, oatmeal, potatoes, etc

eating a bunch of fruit is great for you, but it's not going to get you to 2500 cal.

Agreed.

Your going to have to eat more 'real' food thats more dense in calories.
    Instead of those sugar loaded cheerios, go for a big breakfast of eggs, sausages, bacon or steak and eat some vegetables on the side.
    Forget those Go-ahead bars and slab some almond butter on a banana or roast and eat a bunch of nuts.
    Don't be afraid to chuck on the butter at meals or to eat some cheese. You need the calories so don't be afraid of them!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You have way too much junk food. Can you eat meat? If you can add beef, chicken fish (I hate fish) to your diet. Eat whole eggs, various nut and nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew), oatmeal, yams. These are just a few foods.

This.
  • jtangcs
    jtangcs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest swapping out the fruit snacks with Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, and other dairy-based snacks to increase your calcium intake and up your calories. Like the other posters, I'd really recommend increasing your meat/fish intake, in particular fish such as salmon, tuna and halibut because they're higher in calories and protein but healthier compared to red meat.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

you know that the poster is a man don't you... you know it's a man with a pic of a girl's *kitten* for his profile pic? :indifferent:
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options

you know that the poster is a man don't you... you know it's a man with a pic of a girl's *kitten* for his profile pic? :indifferent:

I tried finding pictures of men's butts in shorts to compare as well, but it wasn't as easy to find. Especially the flabby one. The point I make with it is that weight is really just about the worse indicator of health. Some people have pics of cats or people they wish they were or cartoons. It's just a pic that reflects my mentality. Don't think my gender has anything to do with the value of that mentality, the advice I give, or the intelligence of those that respond to me.
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Then don't.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i do
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

i do

I agree with your profile picture to..