Phoenix, AZ workout peeps

Options
Hello. I'm in Phoenix, AZ and need to get on the "get fit" bandwagon. I don't have a membership to a gym but I have a small gym at my apt. complex and would love to get out and walk now that it's beautiful outside! I'm in north Phoenix if anyone is interested in going for a brisk walk. NEED to get some weight off!

Replies

• qwertbug
    qwertbug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Phoenix as well in the central Phoenix area. I'd love, love, love to have workout buddy! Where abouts North Phoenix are you?
  • kristacali
    kristacali Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in North Phoenix too, I like to hike and I just joined Planet Fitness (3rd st and Bell) and it's only 10 bucks a month. For now those are my main sources of working out because I like to see how many calories I burn each time, when I'm walking down the street I have no idea.
  • wendyjoscc
    wendyjoscc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I work near MetroCenter, and live near the Phoenix Zoo. I have a membership to 24hour Fitness, but also walk the track at the Rose Mofford Sports Complex at Dunap and 25th Ave if anyone is interested in meeting up.
  • bethechangeAZ
    bethechangeAZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm in Tempe, but work in north Scottsdale. I belong to LA fitness but am thinking about switching. I would love to have a workout partner!! :)
  • joey52571
    joey52571 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,
    I am in Phoenix area and belong to LA Fitness and have free guest privileges or if you would like to walk some time I am up for it.
    it always more fun to have a work out partner.
    Thanks
    Joey
  • Karaokephile
    Karaokephile Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for someone to bike a few miles on a mountain trail. No crazy jumps or extreme biking, just some scenery and fresh air.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Phoenix here! Biltmore/Arcadia area.

I dropped LA Fitness and use the Madison Improvement Club solely.
    I occasionally do Bikram at the studio on Central and Camelback.
    I swim at Eldorado or Chaparral but am looking into Sun Devil Masters.

Karaokephile - McDowell Mtn, South Mtn, Papago all have great trails.
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    Glendale AZ here! I need more friends on here. I will be friend requesting all you people on here. I work in West Phoenix for 2nd shift, so I am open to morning workouts for the time being. Feel free to add me!

Josh
  • justinballard3192
    Options
    I'm looking for a workout partner as well. I put up a craigslist ad but I might as well check here as well. Drop me a line if interested.

I am looking for a workout partner that is also an LA Fitness member. Gender does not matter.

I'm a MWM 43 5'11 200#s. I have pretty much just started lifting for the past 4 weeks. Hitting a bit of a plateau and running into where I need a spotter for weights not to mention someones input on how and what exercises to do would be helpful.

I currently workout on a pretty strict schedule since I also go to school at night as well as working. My ideal workout time is 5:30a-7:30a. I might be able to shift to a lunch hour workout if I had to but we would have to be efficient in our workouts to fit it in a long lunch.

There are 5 LA Fitness gyms near enough to me to make this work as follows(In order of preference):

1. LA Fitness Arrowhead(55th Ave and Bell Ave)
    2. LA Fitness(67th Ave and Peoria Ave)
    3. LA Fitness(Union Hills and 83rd Ave)
    4. LA Fitness(91st Ave and Northern)
    5. LA Fitness(75th Ave and Thomas).

Drop me a line if interested.
  • lvnh
    lvnh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nice to see Arizona peeps on here! I'm all the way out in Gilbert. Can't wait for the weather to get cooler again!
  • michaelbowerscore1st
    michaelbowerscore1st Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personal train in Anthem if anyone is interested!
  • littfittb
    littfittb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scottsdale AZ mountainside fitness apartment I cross train yoga skateboard box if your ever looking my schedule is flexible