6 Weeks Down... with pics!

Options
aamberrr
aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
Okay, quick background: I've been heavy lifting for a while now, but never really fixed my diet (I off and on ate really well and really crappy), so I never really got the results I wanted. I entered bodybuilding.com's BSN 6 week summer shred contest on April 1, and I'm about 6 weeks (half way) through. I have fixed my diet entirely and I'm seeing huge results. I can't wait to see what the final 6 weeks of the contest will bring.

The funny thing is, looking in the mirror from day to day, I didn't really see how much I had changed. But I took photos again today and lined them up with the "before" shots, and I'm so shocked! My back was the one area where I honestly thought I didn't improve at all, but in the pictures, I'd vote that area "most improved" so far. I'm honestly embarrassed by my before shots, but I'm so happy with the progress that I'm posting them anyway. So, anyways, here are stats, followed by the pics:

Weight: -13lbs
Body Fat: -7.8%
Chest: -1.5in
Under Chest: -2in
Hips: -4in
Waist: -3.5in
Navel: -5in

31c4eccf-831b-49c3-90bf-e6a1b2b2bab6.jpg

783c8d0d-eedc-4f0b-b65b-25ceba9c1c08.jpg

cb54cea0-4337-4102-8fb5-885e6a081f2b.jpg

Replies

• Rhiana1188
    Rhiana1188 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! Fantastic job!!
  • SheilaNewton83
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great!
  • bethanyp007
    bethanyp007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Your back does look great!
  • Brandie43
    Brandie43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW, great results, do you mean you still have anothe 6 weeks to go? How did you fix your food plan? Realy great befor's and afters!!!
  • aamberrr
    Options
    Thanks everybody! :)
  • aamberrr
    Options
    Edit: Sorry, I forgot to hit quote. This was a reply for Brandie 43

Yes, I still have another 6 weeks to go before the contest ends, but I plan on maintaining the exercise/eating plan I've been following (except for I may allow myself one cheat meal every 2 weeks after this 12 week period is over).

For my eating plan, I started out thinking I'd eat Paleo, but that's not really what I've been doing. I stopped eating all wheat products, dairy products, and MOST grain products. I still eat oatmeal and/or rice a few times a week (although for the past week, I've been eating oatmeal each morning because my fiance has been saying I should eat more carbs. Adding in more oatmeal doesn't seem to have had a major effect, but I'm going to reevaluate after another week or so to make sure). I also eat peanut butter (not Paleo, but I only eat Crazy Richard's All Natural, whose only ingredient is peanuts). I do not eat any processed food or sugar.

A typical day might look like
    Breakfast: Oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter, bananas, and cinnamon
    Snack: Any vegetable I feel like eating
    Lunch: Salad (with lemon and/or olive oil), some type of meat (usually chicken, beef, or shrimp), 1 piece of fruit
    Snack: Vegetables, almonds, hard boiled eggs
    After Workout: Whey protein shake (so I guess there is still a little bit of dairy in my diet) with peanut butter
    Dinner: Meat and Veggies, possibly some rice if I feel like it

I found at times that my calories were actually too low (eating a lot of lean protein fills you up quickly), so in cases like that, I added a little extra peanut butter here or there, added olive oil to a meal, or ate a few extra eggs in the afternoon/evening. It was definitely hard to get used to the diet for the first few days. I was craving carbs a lot. After a few days though, I was fine and I rarely, if ever, get cravings anymore.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look great! And in only 6 weeks? Wow!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Incredible results. Can't wait to see your success story after six more weeks!
  • aamberrr
    Options
    I entered bodybuilding.com's BSN 6 week summer shred contest on April 1,

Sorry guys, I must have been excited when I typed this out. It's a 12 week contest, which is why I said I'm 6 weeks/half way through.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You look great! Awesome job!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Damn amazing girl! You are looking fit! :drinker:

Congrats and keep up the hard work!
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your hard work is showing off!! Keep it up!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wow.....you look great.....way to go chick!!!!!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yeah, your back looks a lot better, mine does too! I am at 6 wks on Monday! :)
  • sugarsugar16
    sugarsugar16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!