:'( I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG!!

Options
Uuuuugh, I've been working on losing weight for a couple of weeks now, and initially I lost quite a bit of weight, but in the last week I've gained all of it, all EIGHT pounds back in a week and I haven't even strayed from my health and fitness plan! At all! I don't know what's going on D:

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    We need a lot more data. Height, weight, exercise routine and please open your diary so we can see how many calories you are eating... Me thinks you are under eating based on history.
  • lajolla0215
    Options
    Have you changed your menu, but kept the same calories? How about fitness...are you feeing stronger? Muscle weighs more then fat...I cant see your days foods - but have you looked to see of any changes?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Have you changed your menu, but kept the same calories? How about fitness...are you feeing stronger? Muscle weighs more then fat...I cant see your days foods - but have you looked to see of any changes?

Since she is on a caloric deficit, the muscle weighs more than fat is a mute point.. She isn't gaining muscle on a calorie deficit. It's all water retention.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    without more info hard to help.

start weight, your height?

what is your nutrition plan what is your exercise plan?
  • aniytlia
    aniytlia Posts: 4
    Options
    Okay, I've opened up my diary now, I think I may be under eating, that might make sense :P
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My body can change +/-6 pounds in one day. natural fluctuations are normal. Make sure you eat enough and give it some time
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Even in a coma your body needs more than 800 cals or what ever low number you a eating a day.

You need to readjust your cal intake and eat more. For an 18 year old you need way more than the under 1000 cals a day you are eating.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd look into parasites. Everyone has them, but they can get out of control.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    Did you say a couple of weeks? That is not long enough to have a freak out. Give it at LEAST 6 weeks.
  • sellychan93
    sellychan93 Posts: 15
    Options

Since she is on a caloric deficit, the muscle weighs more than fat is a mute point.. She isn't gaining muscle on a calorie deficit. It's all water retention.

Does this imply that if one is eating better, lifting weights, doing cardio, but is eating just under their calorie limit, they won't be building muscle?? I am confused.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Does this imply that if one is eating better, lifting weights, doing cardio, but is eating just under their calorie limit, they won't be building muscle?? I am confused.

Eating better has nothing really to do with building muscle. You need enough calories to create an anabolic state to create mass. This means, you need to take in more calories than you burn. The OP is barely eating 1000 calories, so there is NO way she is building muscle.. In fact, she is probably losing a ton of muscle.

OP, you need to eat 2x what you are eating now. That is what is wrong. Why do you believe you should only eat 900 calories? what is your height and weight?
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Even in a coma your body needs more than 800 cals or what ever low number you a eating a day.

You need to readjust your cal intake and eat more. For an 18 year old you need way more than the under 1000 cals a day you are eating.

^^^ this ^^^. You are not eating nearly enough. If your water intake is accurate then you're not drinking nearly enough either. I have no idea how you managed to get a target daily calorie intake of less than 1000. Aside from that (& apart from breakfast) what you are eating does look like A LOT of junk. There's the occasional day where there's a couple of healthy meals but, in general, not great.

I'd suggest;
    1) Revisiting your tracker - reset your input with weight, height & activity. I honestly can't see (or believe) anything recommending less than 1000 calories. I'd be curious to understand how you're feeling, sleeping and how your skin is.

2) Take a good luck at the last 2 weeks of food - there's a lot of pizza, chocolate and - basically - starving yourself inbetween. Your body will have an adverse reaction and retain at least water, whether you believe in 'starvation mode' or not. The kind of food you are eating is not great. You can still have this stuff in moderation but it seems to be your staple diet. Fruit, veg & fish will help up your intake a little but in the RIGHT way.

3) As 'Sunnyjb' also said ... 2 weeks is not enough to judge weight loss or gain. 6 weeks IS a good timeline as the longer you can keep it off the more permanent it will be. Weight fluctuation is normal but it sounds like you're confusing your body a lot.

In short - reset, change your diet, eat enough and be patient.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • sarcosis1
    sarcosis1 Posts: 42
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, the same thing has happened to me. I'm still clueless, all I can think it is down to is my time of the month, water retention and such. I hope the weight drops, and hope yours does too.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    Your calories are pretty low. You should eat more.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Your body probably thinks it's protecting you from dying in this self-imposed famine. I'm going to assume the person who mentioned parasites is joking, you should too.