No Soda in 6 weeks

Options
rachelmchll
rachelmchll Posts: 53 Member
This was my ultimate weakness! But now that I don't drink it, I don't miss it all that much! I'll get a craving now and then but not one strong enough to win me over. What was/is your weakness?

Replies

• brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have a huge passion for baking and baked goods. By far my biggest weakness.

I cave once every 2 weeks and make something unbelievably tasty and unhealthy.

Good thing is, all my friends and family eat it before I can go in for seconds LOL.

Congratulations on your change though - that was a tough one for me.

Water is king =)

I still have a coke zero every now and then :x lol
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I bet you feel great :) ... this was mine too i quit in november ... sometimes have the odd can of sugar free red bull but nothing like i used too :) ... anyway Well Done :)
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have been off soda for over two years now and I have to tell you, it's gets WAY easier!! And when you do drink it, it's so sugary sweet you won't want it anymore.

Stick with water, tea or juice!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congrats on kicking the soda addiction! My weakness is cookies!!!! I haven't had one in over 2 months now! Definitely a victory!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My weakness is juice. I cave in for about 2 oz if I feel it strongly. Soda I drink maybe 1 a month. I also deal with cravings for sugar, or juices, etc with a detox juice I mix and that helps almost 100%.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have been off soda for over two years now and I have to tell you, it's gets WAY easier!! And when you do drink it, it's so sugary sweet you won't want it anymore.

Stick with water, tea or juice!
  • deemar54
    deemar54 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I haven't had soda since February and while I DO miss it, I can no longer drink it... too sweet and it makes my stomach hurt. Water all the way!
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good job. It's been just over a year for me now.

Salt was my weakness. Still is. It's been almost three weeks.
  • rachelmchll
    rachelmchll Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of us for kicking our bad habits! :)
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Snickers & diet Pepsi doc says diet pop ant no good for ya so water all the way..
  • LuckySe7en
    LuckySe7en Posts: 49
    Options
    Thats great! I loved soda but I didn't love how it made me feel. After not drinking it for a while I began to miss it. But I realized that I just missed the bite, not the actual taste. So I made the switch to Polar seltzer water and never looked back. I still drink mainly plain water, because I love it, but if I want the bite, I can't go wring with my seltzer.
  • LeRevCooper
    LeRevCooper Posts: 122
    Options
    Ice cream and pizza.
  • cathyc15
    cathyc15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done, I know cutting out any addiction is hard! Like others have said, the more time that passes the less intense the cravings tend to be. Chocolate gets me every time! The only way I am able to control it a bit is by getting dark chocolate that is 70% cocoa or more, haven't bought any in a few months though! I used to have big sugar cravings for candy and cookies and all those sweet baked goods (I never really liked pop which was quite a surprise). I've worked really hard to cut out those foods and my cravings are few and far between. Now I'm finding that I'm craving salty foods though! How annoying! If it ain't one thing it's another eh?!...so far I'm doing well to not let the savoury temptations get the best of me :)
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    I kicked soda... almost 5 years ago :drinker:

I was raise on soda and it was not easy but now, I don't even care. I will crave root bear sometimes, and sometimes even my favorite Diet Dr. Pepper but then I just remember how much weight I lost and ow much better it made me feel. I think even sipping the stuff is a mountain of blocks that I do not want to knock over.

My one addiction though, that I am having such a hard hard time with is potato chips. I am obsessed with these things and I so wish i was not. I applaud you for kicking your bad habit:flowerforyou:
    I hope one day I can kick mine! :laugh:
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    Almost kicked the soda habit. I had one a day for a couple years because it got rid of my headaches. Ever since I started mfp I havent had any headaches. The past couple weeks I have been slowing down on drinking it. Today I could barely finish drinking my can. Eventually just plan on stopping it for good. Hopefully.. Good job that you quit it!
  • Coast_of_Maine
    Coast_of_Maine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not a soda fan and feel lucky to like seltzer. Tasty, fizzy and no calories and no sweeteners of any kind
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    I was hooked on code red for the longest time, I think i've had half a cup of it since, and i couldn't even finish it before my teeth felt as if they were rotting out. Now i'm trying to get over my splurging on chocolate!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've had no soda for 4 weeks and I'm still having cravings - particularly when I go out. Like today when I went to the movies, it was hard not to get soda and I brought a small bottle of that Crystal Light flavoring to put in my water.
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed! Coke is my guilty pleasure. I don't keep it in the house but still find a way to consume about 5cans/week. I've been thinking for a while about kicking it all together but it's sooo HARD. Maybe I should wean to those little baby cans.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Mine was Dr Pepper but now water is about the only thing i enjoy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!