New with a question

Options
cmalmasy
cmalmasy Posts: 25 Member
Hello! I am relatively new to myfitnesspal. I'd like to explain my background and then have a question about why I'm not losing any weight. I had three children in two years- one girl and then 16 months later twin girls. I lost all of my baby weight prior to having the twins, but after the twins I ended up with 30-40 extra pounds to lose. I tried to lose it about 9 months ago, but couldn't gain the momentum due to adjusting to this new life change of three babies/back problems/no sleep. I ended up developing some bad eating habits as well over that time such as drinking coke, too many calories, and too many processed foods. Now that I have made it through this adjustment and I am sleeping better, back problems are much better, and I have more energy to invest in my physical health. I have been back on track for the last two months.
The only problem is I have not lost even ONE pound.I've noticed some muscle definition and soreness of course due to getting back to exercising but no inches lost. I have only been logging in my information into MFP for the last week, but the information given is a pretty good sample of what my exercise/food lifestyle has been for the last two months. I'm feeling very discouraged because I'm putting so much focus into this and not seeing any results at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Is this common to not see any weight loss for two months? Should I just keep pressing on and eventually the weight will start to fall off?

Replies

• SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Oh my Dear! I HEAR you! I have three kids too, although mine are teens now but after my twins the weight spiraled... lack of sleep lack of energy bad bad eating habits... and the feeling like it would be wrong to make time for me (after all that would be taking time from them and they needed me, right?) found me 14 years older and 60 lbs heavier.

Friend me if you want... I still haven't found the key to my old body yet, but I've at least gotten as far as not getting any bigger!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Oh my Dear! I HEAR you! I have three kids too, although mine are teens now but after my twins the weight spiraled... lack of sleep lack of energy bad bad eating habits... and the feeling like it would be wrong to make time for me (after all that would be taking time from them and they needed me, right?) found me 14 years older and 60 lbs heavier.

Friend me if you want... I still haven't found the key to my old body yet, but I've at least gotten as far as not getting any bigger!
  • cmalmasy
    Options
    I feel the exact same guilt that if I take time away to exercise then it is time away from them, but I think I'm (slowly) learning that it's best for me and them to carve out that extra hour each day because in order to take care of them, I have to take care of me too!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Two months is a long time to not see any results. What kinds of food are you eating? What kind of excersise do you get?

I think the most important thing would be to track your calories as closely as humanly possible. Try to focus as well on staying within the macros allotted in your goals as well as calorie goals. If you can weigh your portions. If not, you may be underestimating your calories consumed, which might be why you aren't seeing any results.
  • cmalmasy
    Options
    I thought two months was really long too! I bought a food scale on amazon yesterday actually because I'm baffled. I have been trying to eat as clean as I can and add lots of veggies, fruits. I have been slowly working up my endurance for exercise. It's taken longer than it ever has before to be able to build it up but it's been almost two years since i was in pretty good shape between being on bed rest with my last pregnancy and then having health complications post partum. I actually stepped on the scale this morning and was two pounds heavier!! I had a great workout yesterday too. I'm really hoping its just that I'm building muscle and then hopefully very soon I will see some better results. I am so ready to lose the baby weight and start to feel like myself again!