SLIM IN 6

Options
Hiya, I've just ordered the Slim in 6 workout programme and was wondering if anyone on here has been doing the DVDs or is hoping to start in the next few days? I think mine are due to arrive by the end of next week. Would love some friends to share our success and sore muscle stories with :)

Replies

• andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i would love to support you :)) feel free to add me:) slim in 6 was my first program and i lost 20lbs with it:))
  • thomcand
    thomcand Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did slim in 6 with some improvements.My arms were more toned, my stomach tightened and my butt lifted! I used it as a restart program because I hadn't exercised in so long. I then moved on to Insanity to get more results. I really enjoyed Slim in 6 and plan on using it when I am down to maintaining and need to change it up. It was a great workout, it just didn't get me the results I really wanted. Feel free to add me as support I am always open to motivated friends!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Than was my main exercise back in 09/2010 when I lost 78lbs ....life in general and tragic things in my life got in the way and I fell off the wagon HARD ..... I let myself go back to my old ways and gained everything back and then some .....its an awesome program .....wishing you much success :bigsmile:
  • lizzzie7777
    lizzzie7777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and thanks for friending me :) hopefully I can follow in your footsteps.

I am on day 3 of slim in 6 and really not finding it too bad. I've been at the gym so don't think I am starting as basic as some people but I am still feeling I've done the workout the next day! I think I might go up to the 2nd DVD in a few more days though. I'm sure that's much harder lol.

Would love to hear how you have found the other beachbody programmes. To me the insanity workout looks very, very intense and scary - is it as bad as I imagine?

Thanks again
    Lizzie xxx
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did SI6 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a LONG way to go at the time and have lost a lot since then, but in my 6 weeks I lost about 20 lbs. The first 2 weeks is nothing - it does get harder. The last 2 weeks is much more intense - the leg work gets tough. I got kind of bored with it by the last couple weeks I will admit. It's mostly the same over & over. You are doing the same workout over & over. But it works and it's a great starter program. You'll find you are ready for something new by the end - unless you decide to go on with the SI6 series - I didn't do that. I went on to Les Mills Pump (which is still my favorite workout right now). I'm finishing up my 2nd round of that now and in 2 weeks I'm starting ChaLean Extreme. I've really moved up since then. You are right about Insanity - it is scary - it's very intense and not for most people. I know so many people who have ordered it and returned it for being too hard for them. It is not something you jump into w/o being in fairly good shape already. I know from watching the infomercials it is not for me right now! ***Maybe*** someday - we shall see, but not now LOL :) Good luck! I hope you'll share your progress!
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok - I forgot to post about other BB programs - I own several - I tried Combat - I do enjoy the Combat style workout that comes with Les Mills Pump, but the Combat workout program I didn't care for....but I know a lot of people who loved it. It just wasn't for me and wasn't working for me. I also bought RevAbs - I never did it - I watched a couple of the DVDs to preview them and found them boring - but I like music and variety - and that was more dance-y which is also not my thing. I bought TurboFire (basic I think?) but I have not yet used it or watched it. I also bought P90x, which also have not used nor watched. But I know many people love that one as well (not something to jump into right away either tho). Hope that helps some!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Lizzzie.... I have not gone back to SI6 since I restarted my healthy lifestyle in Jan of this year.......I am walking with Leslie Sansone 1 to 5 miles 5 days a week plus strength training and I just started rockin body with Shaun T
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As I completed P90X my wife wanted to start an exercise program but she knew she wasn't up to doing P90X so we ordered SI6 and did it together. My opinion is based on having just completed P90X which I found very challenging. I thought SI6 was good cardio that was fun without having any crazy moves.
    The core work was also good. It covered all the core, where many workout program only hit the abs.
    The lower body, legs and butt, was excellent and the one area where this program was superior to P90X. It had enough variety to keep it interesting also.
    I didn't feel the upper body was good, even as a maintenance program. It was too short, consisting of only some very basic moves. At a minimum do some additional upper body work like push ups and pull ups while doing SI6.
    The yoga sucked completely. I practice yoga almost daily and feel that it should be part of everyone's exercise routine (again just my opinion) so I ignored her and just did my own vinyasa flow during that portion of the DVD. You would be better off skipping this also and just taking a yoga class a couple times a week.
    If I was rating this on a five star scale, it would be a four mostly because of the excellent lower body workout.
  • andyb000
    andyb000 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    add me in fb guys i live on there most of the time! i would love to hear about your journey:) https://www.facebook.com/abansil
  • thomcand
    thomcand Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Insanity! It has enough change in it that I don't remember what the next move is, I have burned anywhere from 500 to 800 calories in one session, and have seen major improvement in my whole body. It is an intense workout so I recommend starting out with something else and getting yourself to where you can handle more cardio and strength training. I like the fact that the people on the workout dvd's also stop to catch a breath. I don't feel too bad when I have to catch my breath!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started with slim in 6 but was horribly out of shape then. Now I can do the last dvd relatively easily. I'm nowhere ready for insanity though... but it helped me a lot. I wasn't eating back my workout calories then and lost 20lbs in 6 weeks or so, and a lot of fat on my hips (I didn't take my measurements before though).

I love bodypump so I got Les Mills Pump and started it yesterday. It's great, although for starting you might want to get some smaller weights, and eventually you'll have to buy heavier weights too.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am purchasing this used from a lady at work, along with Ten Minute Trainer and Turbo Fire. I have done Turbo Jam and while I only lost 16 pounds in 5 months, I have toned enough that some of my clothes have fit better, and I need a lot of work in the eating better department so I know that's a huge part of it for me, but I saw this post and wanted to say anyone feel free to add me! I'm also looking for some hope that these exercises will help me! :)
  • mhmillsaps
    Options
    Hello...I just order Slim in 6...has it worked for you?
  • rlatas
    rlatas Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I ordered slim in 6 a while ago, but I am having trouble with three things. I can't seem to figure out how many calories to eat, I can't figure out how many calrioes I've burned to enter it in my app and I am having trouble doing it everyday I'm supposed to. Does anyone have any tips because I really want this program to work. I gained 50 pounds after a car accident and I can't do much with high impact, so I'm hoping this will be a good program for me. Thanks for any help/tips!