No More Man Boobs

Options
snookeroo
snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
It took 4 and a half months and I did it! NO MAN BOOBS! NO DOUBLE CHIN! NO LOVE HANDLES! 33 lbs GONE!!!
And it realy didn't seem that hard to do.
When I started I knew I wanted to lose some weight, but I didn't know how much. So, I set little goals...5 lbs ...did it...5 more...did it.
So, ok, I needed a long distance, real, obtainable, permanent goal. I decided that the middle of my BMI would be realistiic and healthy. And now here I am. Oh, how the time flyes.

At first I would get a few comments like "Have you lost weight?". Then, "Wow, you lost weight!". But I knew I still wasn't where I wanted to be. So, onward and upward, as they say.

I kept to my calorie goals and walked an average of an hour a day. (Take your headphones. It really becomes quality time with yourself.)

Then, as I got closer to my goal, I heard things like "You're too thin", "You don't need to lose any more weight", "You look sickly".
I really believe people were used to seeing me as I was. And, perhaps, in the 21st century, in the days of couch potatoes and Golden Arches, maybe we have lost sight of what healthy IS. I thought I would let the Body Mass Index chart be my gage and ruler. Afterall, I didn't set the standard of what healthy should be. And, I thought if I was in the middle of my BMI, that would give me a little wiggle room , so to speak, with my up and down see-saw that will be sure fo follow. Being in the miiddle should allow me to stay with-in my range as I try to maintain. There is happiness on both sides of the middle!

So, as the song goes "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am! Stuck in the middle with you." I did it.
I am where I want to be. I am where I should be. I am where I should have never left. "There's no place like home...there's no place like home."
NO MAN BOOBS! NO DOUBLE CHIN! NO LOVE HANDLES! And they are just the visable REWARDS. Also and more importantly, NO MORE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! LOWER LDL CHOLESTEROL! HIGHER HDL CHOLESTEROL!
And hey, I can even take my shirt off on the beach!

33 Lbs GONE!
Now for the second part of my journey...Maintain!

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait until I can say that.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    fabulous and well done to you! I have lost 34lb and I still have some way to go, but I am seeing results and you are right, we have got used to people being TOO fat for their height. I see it all the time at work (I work in school nursing) I height and weigh a child and it comes out as being a centile or 2 over (not obese) but when the parents see that they get all worked up and say that the child is fine, well of COURSE they are fine, they are NOT overly fat, but we have got so used to seeing people carrying more weight than they really should that we think people who are the correct height weight ratio are too thin!

Really well done on your hot new bod! Have a great summer :-)
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I just started doing this last week and I am sooooo addicted to this website and reading success stories like yours. I hope to one day be a success and to be able to say "hey, I am at my goal weight".

Keep up the good work.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. I am happy for all your wonderful changes.
  • bringingsexybackEDNOS
    Options
    :wink: That is amazing! You go!!!!!!!!!! My issue is setting unattainable goals..I have an image set...but it doesn't happen.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am even more motivated just by your excitement! Congratulations on obtaining your goal!
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow! And double Wow! What an achievement .....how lovely!
  • katiemkey
    katiemkey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job and CONGRATULATIONS to you! I really love this post and I love how you said it. I agree in that I think people are so used to seeing heavy people EVERYWHERE that when someone loses some weight, the first reaction is, "What's wrong?" or "You're too thin!" No, maybe you just want to be healthy and feel good about yourself! Nothing wrong with that!
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yay for no more man boobs! Do you have 'pecs' now *hehe* Very, very well done 33lbs is amazing! ^_^ xx
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    You da man! Good luck in your maintenance phase. I know you'll do well in your new life style.

With a little help we can all get "stuck in the middle with you".
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Thanks for the great post!
  • johnnyr24
    johnnyr24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know this post dates back to 2010 and we're in 2014 but upon doing some searching on here for more inspiration to workout I found this. So I decided to dig it out of the archives for anyone looking for more inspiration you can read this persons story I know it's motivated me 10x more now. Cheers :)