Am I the only one?!

Options
Ok, here I go again! :grumble: It is Wednesday night, a pivotal night for me. Weekends are tough, life gets in the way and I don't have time to log all my food, exercise etc. Trying to make healthy choices anyway even thought I know it does not compare to MFP! I digress and restart on Monday. I do well - until Wednesday night! :devil: What is it about this night!? I want every piece of carb, chocolate, and sugar in this house!!! I am really beginning to dislike and distrust WEDNESDAYS! :mad:

Am I alone about feeling like this about Wednesdays? Do you have a day of the week like this? HELP!! :sad:

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will work for you but it did for me.....PRE-plan your meal for Wednesday, roasted veggies on the grill, corn tortillas, a little cheese, maybe even some chicken breast, BIG SALAD with salsa for dressing. I get burned out by Wednesday and that helps a lot because I got the bulk of it made, takes the thinking out of it. Be creative, peppers, zucchini, onion, mushroom, tomato....what ever you like. And it is so delicious and easy

here's to next Wednsday!
  • cottrellm
    cottrellm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    NO you are not alone! I feel the same way. I always want something sweet, cause I have did well not to go to Sonics after 8pm for the .99cents sundae! Pineapple is calling my name. I say and believe go ahead and eat a small portion of carving, because by the time you eat, then you don't want it. But I also think it is anticiapting the weekend and I am going to eat out at least once. We need to try sweets in a lowet calorie verison. I also like Blue Bell light homemade vanilla and Mayfields rainbow sherbert. ; )
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Girl, I COMPLETELY understand!!!! I have to eat a little something sweet every day or I about lose my mind!!! It's all about staying within my calorie goal each day though. Here are some of my favorite low-calorie sweets that help get me through: Atkins carmel nut chew bars (they kind of taste like a mini snickers bar to me), Full bars (especially chocolate), low fat no sugar added ice cream (like Walmart's strawberry or butter pecan), sugar free pudding cups, and TONS of sugar free jello cups!!! Hope that helps and hang in there!!!! :wink:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I feel like this everyday!! We have so many yummy treats in the house and it's so hard to say no! But I try to remember that if I eat a serving of chips or a cookie (about 150 calories), I will have wasted 30 minutes of my workout time! And I hate doing that work for nothing. I try to remember my goals, and as hard as it is to avoid these foods, doing the work will get results. On the days when I do a little extra in my workout, I will reward myself with a little treat of chocolate. :) Don't lose hope!! Stay focused on your goals!!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Get you some double-churned no-sugar added Publix vanilla ice cream - 90 calories for 1/2 cup, and it's WONDERFUL! That can help curve the sweet tooth. I know how you feel though. I've always been a stress eater, so when things feel overwhelming for me, I tend to be the same way. I've gotten a little better - but I've done it at least once in the past 2 months.
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    It all fell apart for me yesterday, Wednesdays are where I really struggle, when it goes wrong on a wednesday it usually means it continues to go wrong through the weekend. This week I really thought I had cracked it, but I got home from the gym and dinner was crisps and chocolate. :grumble:
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for all the EXCELLENT advice and support! That's why I love MFP! I wound up with a snack size snickers bar and a mini warm delights! Stayed under my calorie goal! I think it helped just to vent.....