What am I doing wrong?

Options
So for a 1 1/2 weeks I have cut out the Dr. Pepper :(, fried food, junk food or anything else good and I have ate veggies, fruits, fish and chicken and drank a TON of water everyday. Shouldn't I have lost some weight by now? At least a pound or 2. I haven't started exercising yet and I know that I should but really, just a pound or 2 ?!?!?!

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can take time for the results to show. Try adding in a walk during the day to help move the process along.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Good job! Are you eating the correct number of calories (not too many or too few)? In general, weight loss is simply math-burn more calories than you take in. There are extraneous factors and you want to eat healthy for your health. But, that's the first thing that comes to mind!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Everybody is different. Keep up the good work and a change will register soon.

One thought though - what is your salt/sodium intake like? Its one of the reasons we retain water so cut out as much processed food as possible and watch things like soy.

Keep it up and results will follow!:flowerforyou:
  • withtree
    withtree Posts: 14
    Options
    Cut out the carbs, for two weeks, also, as much as it hurts, cut the fruit for two weeks. If you only lean meat, veggies and beans for two weeks and no sugar (which hides in ketchup and sauces) then you will lose 5 to 8 lbs in two weeks. Then, after two weeks add in a small amount of fruit and a few WHOLE GRAIN NO FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP carbs and you will continue to lose weight, about a pound or two a week. I have lost 27 lbs, since Jan, (11lbs since joining this site) this way, it is basically the South Beach Diet. Drink lots of water and walk on your breaks at work.:happy: Believe me, I still cheat but it is okay, I am still losing weight.
  • tsalter2004
    tsalter2004 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good advise. I'm not going to give up!!!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you open your food diary for public view, perhaps you would get additional constructive comments....
    Sounds like you have taken a gigantic leap in your eating habits, great job!
  • dmcgee
    dmcgee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are the opposite of most of us. I lost more in the beginning and have been at the same for almost 3 weeks. It's very frustrating getting ready to buy a Zumba easy steps and dance my way out of this plateau...lol I would bet you will drop several lbs at once...keep up the good work...it will pay off.