too fast

Options
I started doing the zumba workouts started last week, saturday, sunday monday, tuesday rest, wednesday, thursday and friday rest, so again i just started doing it last week on saturday, i weighed in today and i have lost 5 lbs. i am trying to eat healther i have breakfast, snack, lunch snack, dinner then workout, but is 5 lbs to much to lose in just under 2 weeks?? not that im complaining just wanted some input?

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    When I lost my weight I lost anywhere from 4 to 5 lbs a week.....I've had no issues keeping it off. I think it's just a good indicator that your body was really ready to let go of that extra weight on it......
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Maybe the sudden change caused the body to shed quickly but perhaps thing will slow down when the body gets use to the change. Still you need to keep track of your calories to make sure your workout calories are not so extreme that you neglect energy foods that you need to replenish your body. You may need to find away to add part of those workout calories back into your diet. If you open your diary we can review it and provide feedback.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, but congrats for doing it! I lost five lbs after running 5 miles one morning, then after I rehydrated most of it came back LOL! So 5 lbs in roughly 12-14 days isnt bad, I think its pretty good actually. Everyone loses weight differently , since your able to continue doing Zumba classes so regularly and not feeling tired or loss of energy it doesnt appear to have a negative affect on your body. Anyways, congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work!
  • PapaPolarBear
    Options
    generally you'll lose more weight at first and then the weight loss will taper down. I droped 30 lbs in less than 3 months, but now it's tapered down, and I'm losing about 1 - 2 per week.
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You may also be shedding water weight that you didn't realize you had. Water weight can drop off that quickly. Also, zumba is an INSANE workout. So you may actually be burning that many calories.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    So about it's 2.5 - 3 lbs a week?
    I guess it's on the verge of starting to lose muscle. I'm doing the same pace for now and I'm thinking about upping my Calories a bit.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    it will slow down at some point (maybe). great way to start. same for me but I am now at the slow down part boo hoo!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    thanks guys fyi i am about 5'2 not sure but i know for my height i should weigh 155, but thats for the support and my goal is 130 but if i can hit 135 i will be ok. i jsut didn't want to lose to fast and gain it back, i don't really enter my food in my diary but my breakfast it cheerios, special k, oatmeal or 1egg and 2 egg whites with turkey bacon, i have 2 snacks a day which i alternate between almonds, speciak k crisp bars, raisins, musselmans rasberry acai sause, fuir or cottage cheese, lunch is either chicken salad sandwiches on wheat, grilled chicken salad, lean cuisine meals (maybe one a week bc its processed), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, subway, and dinner well whatever my husband fixes. then zumba and thats about a 45-50 minute workout. so i am eating and i forgot alot of water, i have coffee in the morning and the rest is water throughout the day. so thats what it consist of. thanks for listening, i try to eat different things more salmon, i don't eat a lot of red meat. and alot of chicken. again thanks for listening. or should i say reading. lol/
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You are welcome but please write everything down. Best way for feedback and keep on track.