help :( stuck on 136-137 lbs. and dont see changes

Options
I started this whole weight lose thing last month.. I seem to manage maintaining my weight. My goal is 120lbs. or 117lbs (my weight 3years ago) .. When i started this wt. lose, I weigh 142-143lbs. and now I am stuck at 136.6-137 lbs.
I do a couple exercise, sometimes i jog for 10-20mins on treadmill, and recently started playing tennis for 30-60mins 1-2x/week... I only eat baked salmon, baked tofu and some steamed veggies, sometimes i eat meat too but not alot. I took out rice, sodas when i eat. And up till now more than 1month I cant see any changes and also seriously stuck on my weight.. Any advice? please help.

im 5'4" in height
female
24 y/o
asian
and supposed to weigh around 120lbs :( its hard

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your food diary it's hard to see exactly what you're doing. Its possible that you aren't eating enough? Are you getting enough protein? Are you maybe losing inches, do you take measurements?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Being Asian is irrelevant.
  • Krobelus
    Krobelus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    there are times i dont log my food and assuming its still below the 1200calorie and i am not eating breakfast , only lunch , snacks and dinner
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Your caloric intake is too low, and I suspect you are not eating back your exercise calories, thus making your net daily calorie intake very low.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    hi,

Just based off what you wrote I would say you missing some grains. You stated you took out rice. Whole grains are full of fiber which actually help burn fat. In some cases it is said that they burn belly fat, which we all know if hard to lose. Other foods good in fiber are green apples and pears. I suggest adding some oatmeal, fiber fruits, and whole grains (brown rice) to your diet. You only need these in the beginning of the day so you can stop eating them around 2pm.

For working out it seems like your body has adjusted to your workouts. Running and Tennis is good for the heart however it doesn't build muscle. Muscle eats fat which makes you loss weight. I suggest adding a day or two int he week where you do full body conditioning. You don't have to get buff LOL. Or you can also walk on the treadmill at an incline. This isolates your muscles in your core helping you tone muscle and burn fat. All you need is 8-10% incline at 2.5-3.0 for 20 minutes a couple times a week.

Hope that helps.
  • Krobelus
    Options
    thank you for your advices guys...il take note on that in my list, yea i havent eaten rice since i started, and also, can i skip breakfast? because in the morning i find myself not hungry thats why i only eat lunch-dinner.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    Definitely do brown rice. Even if it is only 1/4 a cup or so. If you eat it for lunch you will be fine. Also on breakfast; I suggest not skipping it. One thing i learned when I first dropped my weight is the body hasn't taken any calories in all night. Because of that it will burn your muscle in the morning if you don't give it anything. I say eat within an hour of getting up and make sure you drink a glass of water right a way. Think about a car trying to start over night in cold weather. You have to give it gas to get it warmed up. Your body is that way as well in the morning. I also was never hungry early so I drank all my breakfast in the beginning. I suggest a shake.
    Old Favorite of mine, Ice, Scoop vanilla protein, banana, oatmeal, lowfat milk.

Then off with your day.
  • Krobelus
    Options
    thank you.. il try with an oatmeal >.<