new and looking for supportive friends

Options
Hi all! My name is Karen and I am here to FINALLY STOP with the excuses!!

I have loss weight and gained it back and then some.

I have reached small goals and then set new goals for myself but have never been able to reach them. I get so close and then for what ever the reason may be the scale then goes in the wrong direction and I give up and then I get that much further from that second goal that I set for myself.

I have gotten discouraged and have given up but there is always something inside me that pushes me to get up and start over.

Like most people my life can be very crazy most of the time! My husband works shift work and I have 2 boys with 2 different learning disabilities so needless to say there are many times when I give up on everything do to the stress in my life. I am at the point where I need to let the stress go and focus on what I want and that is getting fit!

I am hoping that in my journey here that I will be able to get my husband to follow me as well so that he too can get fit with me.

I am also hoping to make some friends who are willing to help me get and stay focused and push me when I need that push, so please feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:

Thanks!!

Karen

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! I love your username, very motivational.

I wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining your goals.

On the tough days when you are considering throwing in the towel, read through our Success Stories forum for amazing stories from members who have seen their hard work pay off in amazing, life changing ways.
  • carolhelpinghands
    Options
    I need some bubbies to push me in the right direction,And to keep my mouth shut so food will not enter. Get my butt up and lose this chunky body Im caring around.
  • jeanneiris1
    Options
    I am new as well but this time around I'm adding "self care" to my plan of eating healthier and exercising. With your schedule you could probably use some as well. I schedule time outs for myself to read or window shop or get my nails done. I am finding it is just as important as exercise and diet.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hey Karen. This is definitely "doable" if you give it a chance. I'm always up for helping others as long as the support's mutual. If you can give support as well as receive it, I'm all for it. Feel free to add me if you're okay with having a guy on your FL!