Food is my best friend

Options
That's what I believed for a long time. No matter how hard my life has been Ive always had food to fall back on. Food was the source of all my comfort and it never rejected me but I always carried the guilt that I would eat in secret ,hide food, and cry. The cycle felt endless. At a certain point I felt okay with the idea that food was probablly going to kill me, That was until I got my physical in September I was ready to hear the worst that I had diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure or something. Instead the doctors told me something I didnt expect that I was healthy and that all my levels were within range ,and thats when I realized why am I waiting for my body to turn on me? I can still do something about the road I'm on. I needed to love myself and take care of myself. I deserve a healthy life and I deserve a healthy body. I know it's not an easy thing to turn around but I really want a healthy life for myself and Im looking for people who will support me in this journey. Oh btw my name is Deja.

Replies

• Saraaw23
    Saraaw23 Posts: 35
    Options
    Deja... inspiring! I am glad you realized that you can break the cycle. So proud of you :) Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Being honest with yourself is one of the most difficult things a person can do. I applaud your realization of the road you were on, and the decision to take action (whatever that ends up being) to change it. This is your life, and I'm happy you are taking it seriously and not simply "going with the flow" so to speak.

I wish you great success in your journey!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not only coming to the realisation that you can take charge before your health suffers, but actually making moves to do so. You're already well on your way just by taking this step.

All the best to achiving the healthy lifestyle you desire. :)