Starting again....and saying hi!

Options
Hello fellow MFP peeps! My name is Mandy and I have been struggling with weight for about 12 years now. I have the most yo yo weights you have ever seen and that is a result of me giving up on myself and eating junk anyway even though I know the outcome and also being lazy. :/ I've struggled with depression this whole time so I'm sure that isn't helping much! Now that it is under control, I am ready yet again to try my hardest to be healthy. I'm happily married and enjoy my life, just not feeling as healthy as I would like to. I am on a mission to eat clean and exercise at least 6 times a week and I am also determined to run my first 5k this summer and finish it! I would like to lose atleast 40lbs on this journey but as long as I'm healthy and eating right and exercising I'll be happy. :) So there is my introduction!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burnin-Off-the-Pounds/354526951313645

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I would suggest simple, easy baby steps that you can maintain forever. instead of promising yourself to workout 6x a week, shoot for walking 3 hrs a week, or something. Instead of completely trying to change your diet, just give up soda during the week, or something like that.
  • Saraaw23
    Saraaw23 Posts: 35
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck on your journey. :)
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on choosing to get healthy it is never to late and you can do this.
    I know hear you jloud and clear on how this is a life long struggle to get healthy and staying healthy is another battle of its own.
    I am Yvette and I am 24 yrs old.
    A friend request has been sent.
    I have battled being obese all my life too. Losing weight and gaining it right back too. I have depression too. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 166 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and be 150 lbs. I need to lose the last 16 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
    We can do this
  • gingersnaps828
    Options
    Hi! I have struggled with weight loss for most of my life as well and tried all sorts of diets, and failed mostly because of my lack of motivation. I started MFP last year, quit, and am doing it again. I am much more motivated this time around.

Feel free to add me so we can support and motivate eachother!