Looking for positive people with 100+ lbs or more to lose

Options
Hi! I have been at this now seriously since March and I have already dropped 20+ lbs. I still have about 110 lbs to go. I do like having people to talk with on this site, but I am looking for people to inspire me, challenge me and people who have a lot of weight to lose, so we have similar aspirations. I have a small network of people who I found the first few days on the site, and they are great, but only 5 still seem to be in the program. Friend me if you are looking for the same. I will be there for support for you too!

Replies

• bandgeek05
    bandgeek05 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have about 90 to lose, so I can totally related. I think it's awesome that you've lost over 20 (kinda jealous actually lol). I actually don't have any friends on here and it would be nice to have someone to talk to!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    ticker says it all, FYI I am a tough love gal, I won't mommy coddle :)!!! so you want tough and challenging I will bring it on you
  • Kamatayan
    Kamatayan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! My first post on these forums.

105 pounds left to go here. And I am actually excited! I'm close to being under 100 pounds to my goal weight. Yes, I am aware that I would be going from morbidly obese to obese, but 280 is where I felt my healthiest. My plans may change once I reach my goal, but being 6'6" and half Samoan, I look much too frail at my "ideal" weight.

That being said, I'm not very talkative. I don't think I'll be inspiring anyone everyday, but I would like to be there for anyone when they really need it. I tend to be off and on when logging my food, and my diet isn't the best, but I am dedicated to strength training and I love going to the gym.

Anyone is free to send me a friend request.
  • kishkoway
    kishkoway Posts: 19
    Options
    100+ pounds to lose here! I am at the beginning and super excited about the journey forward!
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to add friends. I am in a similar situation with a hundred pounds to lose. I've lost 25 of that too date. Friend me for encouragement and support for many days/years to come!
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Down 30lbs since Christmas as of today! Get up and go! Wish we had a running smiley here.

I stalled out, because I was not exercising enough. Tough to balance calories in and calories out for me. I think I have it down!

Used to be a big walker. Fell away from that. Got back into walking after the first of the year.

Try many things, find what works. When you stall out, change up your exercise a bit and keep on going! That said, I am not in the gym hours and hours a day. Hitting about 45 minutes on average of exercise a day. Up from 20 a day when I started.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've got another 80-90 lbs still to lose! Feel free to add me I log on daily and pretty positive 95% of the time :)
  • ashyxkay
    ashyxkay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! As much as i dont want to admit it, i have a lot to lose! i've made workout schedule after workout schedule,, but i just havent had the motivation to do so...until now. my 4 year old told me i was fat last night and that hurt the most. he wasnt trying to be rude, but he notices that mommy is bigger than others around us. i'm at 220 (went to the doctors and got that suprise!) and i want to be at my before baby weight of 130. i havent lost any weight since i've had my son, but to callit baby weight is not right now.... i mean 4 years later and still 60+lbs? thats just me being lazy. I need motivation.

This is what my plan is...
    weeks 1-4 Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30"-to start out with, maybe even some Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown in the AM for some stretches and to wake me up. I also try to walk after work (i sit down all day)
    weeks 3-8 Jillian Michaels "6 week 6-pack" still with Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown in the AM for some good stretches.
    then after i build strength and shed a few inches its time for the more serious stuff...P90X.
    weeks 9-12 classic P90X Phase I (still walking at least 30 minutes per day on my lunch break)
    weeks 13-16 classic P90X Phase II (still walking at least 30 minutes per day on my lunch break)
    weeks17-20 classic P90X Phase III (still walking at least 30 minutes per day on my lunch break)

I think that i should be able to get into shape in no time if i follow this plan of mine... now i just have to put it into action. What do you think? 20 weeks to lose 60-90 lbs? so by September 30th of 2013....

MOTIVATE ME PEOPLE!!!
    xoxo-Ashton
  • glohiatt
    glohiatt Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, all! You are all ahead of me; I'm 21 lbs down and hope to lose 200 more. Tried out for Biggest Loser and was rejected so I've decided to do it myself. I have great support here at home but would love to give and get support in return. Especially considering how losing such a large amount as we all want to is bound to drastically change our lives, I think it would be great to develop a support system. Feel free to add me and let's become friends. :)
  • kMcMahan2010
    Options
    Hello all! I weighed 330 pounds in mid-September of 2012 when I had my physical for work. Got serious about losing weight mid to end of February of this year and so far I have lost 38.8 pounds, but still have ~160 left to lose, hopefully by my 23rd birthday (March 2015). Feel free to add me!
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    I need to lose 146 lbs. to be at my weight for 6 "1 I say OH I am tall I don’t need to be the 180 lbs. for 6 "1 I would be happy with 220 as that would make me a size 12/14 and I would be healthy. I am doing WW but use this site to keep track of what I am eating. I am doing my First goal of 34 pounds and then I will set my next goal. But realistically I need to lose 106 pounds to be healthy. I also have a disease that doesn't make it any easier to lose weight but I am not giving up. Good luck to you and losing the weight!! If you need someone to be a motivator I am here!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Feel free to add me. I have a 100+ to lose also and I'm serious about it this time!
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    You're doing great so far! Fee free to add me! I am trying to lose 100 - I've got 86 more to go. I've lost slowly and had a couple setbacks, but I am very positive and I log every day. I know what you mean about people falling by the wayside - it's a bummer.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    About 166 to go...
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Depending on whether I'm going to aim for my college weight or just getting into the recommended BMI range, I have 100-115 lbs to lose and as I am just restarting this weight-loss journey, I am happy with the 3 pounds down so far this month. It takes me ages to lose weight as a rule so any support I can find is a good thing to help me stay on track!
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    I also have 100+ pounds to lose and would like more friends in a similar situation. I would like some friends who actually motivate me and comment on things once in a while. I always seem to find people that want comments but never give any out. I need motivation too people!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55 lbs so far, and have 70 left to go. I'm working on -30% of my TDEE (1600 calories/day), have about 2 wks left on Insanity, and I'm up to 4 miles pavement running (former couch potato!). Next will be P90X.
    We can do this :smile:
  • fredsfriend27
    fredsfriend27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, today is my first day being on this website and seriously beginning this life-long struggle of a journey I have been on involving weight loss. I need to lose about 100 + also. So, I know where you are all coming from. I need people to inspire me as well and to tell me to get up and move. I have to stop talking and start doing. I want to lose 20lbs so I can reward myself with a gym membership for 2 years. I want to prove to myself I can do this before relying on exercise equipment. I just walked 5 miles around a track in 1hr and 15min. I feel great! you can do it girlfriend! Your strong!
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and a bit shy about adding people. Do we just add anyone? I'm at 248 pounds right now and the middle of my BMI says 148, but i'd like to go down to 175 and see from there. So i need to lose 75-100 pounds. I'm 31 and in a wheelchair. Anyone can add me.
  • jennietaylor92
    jennietaylor92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 100 + to go here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like