Who uses Runtastic?

Options
AnJulNZ
AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
Is there anybody here who uses Runtastic?

I downloaded it last weekend and I like how it maps the route with speed and cals etc and syncs to MFP.

Do you find it accurate? I've been quite pleased until yesterday. I went for a walk - Runtastic said my average speed was 4.6km/h, and however many calories burnt. However ... after syncing ... MFP says the same time and cals, but a speed of 8km/h. Ummm, no, I can't walk that fast, especially for 45mins :laugh:

So now I'm wondering if it's even worth using it. Any constructive advice?

Replies

• jasondcooper
    jasondcooper Posts: 125
    Options
    After using MapMyRun/MapMyFitness for a couple of years I switched to Runtastic this winter. I'm content with the results.

I have noticed what you write about the times being off (although for my runs, Runtastic seems to pick a slower speed that what I had achieved.) I've also noticed the the calorie total seems to run lower with Runtastic than estimates I get from other sites or from the treadmill (when I run indoors, of course.)

Overall, I like the change and I especially like that I don't have to maintain information about (most) exercise in two places. I'm sticking with Runtastic for now.

Good luck to you!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I love it! simple and easy and I think its accurate because it uses gps tracking to work out your distance! I don't think the "max speed" seems very accurate though

I did 13miles this morning with runtastic :P
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been using the runtastic and pedometer apps for awhile now. I have been playing around with the pedometer app a bit as you can adjust the size of your stride and I think I haven't found that perfect stride calculation as if I track a walk with the pedometer it tends to be on the light side distance wise.

I feel like with any form of tracking, be it an app, writing down numbers off a cardio machine etc, there will be some variance. I'm personally more focused on tracking that I did exercise an the time I put in vs the exact calories where some people would be far more focused on the calories.

overall, I do enjoy both these apps more then a few of the other ones I tried.
  • mellyroo31
    mellyroo31 Posts: 4
    Options
    I use this app and love it. I am pretty sure there is a settings adjustment so you can sync it with your actual steps for more accurate results. :wink:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I use it whenever I run alone. For mfp I just pick the slowest speed and put in the time. I rarely eat back calories anyway .