Breakfast!!

Options
shipleyak
shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
I am one of those people that never made time for breakfast. I normally run out the door running late. On the weekends, when I have time to cook, its always a full blown breakfast loaded down with calories and protein. I need some ideas I can throw together quickly or can be made on weekends, then stored for the week!

Replies

• shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    Options
    I do a protein bar or shake in the ornings during the week. It is easy to eat on the ride to work or on the run :). Also, I have not tried this yet (I did buy the stuff to try this weekend though) is an Egg beaters vegie omelet...I am going to throw some salso on it and see how it goes.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When I'm on the run, like this morning for example, I pop a thomas's english muffin into the toaster, a morningstar sausage patty into the microwave, then melt just a little bit of american cheese on the english muffin, put it together and BAM! you have yourself a sausage mcmuffin, for a lot less calories :smile:
  • becky_boulders
    Options
    why don't you try something like

half a cup of cottage cheese (to make it a bit sweeter i always do a pinch of spleenda and a bit of cinnamon)

one slice of rye toast with natural peanut butter

and a single cup of yogart or a peach?

super quick thats what i eat when i have to work @ 4:30am
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    My thoughts in general and what works for me:
    My go to breakfast is an Activia yogurt topped with either walnuts or blueberries - easy and quick.
    If yogurt is not your thing, then why not just nuts and fruit? They can be prepackaged the night before for a grab and go meal.
    If you are looking for something more substantial, you could bake a quiche (so many varieties to choose from!) on the weekends, and package up the slices which will heat quickly in a microwave.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I don't know about storing food for a whole week. It may go bad. Especially the fresh stuff or meat. Fast stuff in the mornign though can consist of a piece of fruit and a yogurt cup. Grab and go and eat at work if you do not have time. Breakfast bars are a quick choice as well. On the weekends I love to cook big breakfasts myself. I usually make egg whites (sometimes in an omelette with veggies like bell peps, mushrooms, onion, tomato, etc.), turkey bacon, turkey sausage, and if I feel like a few extra cals then I chop up a red potato and make hashbrowns. Breakfast sandwiches are quite filling too. Sprouted whole wheat bread, egg whites, low cal cheese slice, and tomato. Good luck!
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    Thomas's English muffins have a Lite multigran version now. I had never seen it before I went shopping a few weeks ago. I toast that, slap a little (1tbsp) peanut butter on it (no, not even the reduced fat either) and I am good to go. I usually eat it at work since we have access to a toaster, but you could very easily wrap it in some foil and hit the road. Under 300 calories! You could also grab the egg beaters and make a quick egg sammy from that too! add in some spinach and a small piece of provolone cheese... yummmmmm...
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    and a tomato... dont forget the tomato!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You could make a fritatta on the weekend then have leftovers to warm up for a quick bfast on weekdays. Or, hardboiled eggs.
    Whole grain toast or english muffins with natural nut butters are easy too.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I used to get oatmeal on the go bars...they are pretty good. If you have a microwave at work you can heat it up for like 10 seconds and it makes it warm and soft...mmmmm
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make this on the weekend and then have it whenever I want. I call it scrambled muffins :)

Preheat oven to 350

take 1 dozen eggs (u can use egg beaters of whites if you wish, I just use whole eggs) if you like your eggs with milk or water add here as well (usually 1/2 cup) milk works best
    2 cups veggies of your choice ( I tend to use brocolli or chopped asparagus into tinty pieces) My friend blends spinach into hers.
    finely chop and sautee mushrooms and onions

1/2 cup shredded cheese

Blend eggs, raw or thawed frozen veggies, salt and pepper to taste, and pour into non-stick muffin pan. Divide mushrooms, onions and shredded cheese equally into muffin dish.

Bake at 350 for approx 20-25 mins until eggs are set. Eggs will fall once removed from oven. Basically you have a scrambled egg muffin. I freeze them two or three to a bad and just thaw in fridge overnight and microwave for 1 min per muffin in the am. You can also put these on an english muffin to eat as well.

Vary the ingredients to you liking and voila!!!
  • cassycarter
    Options
    I usually don't like eating first thing in the morning because I always feel heavy and waaaaay too full, but I find that if I east light, I still get that full feeling. So lots of fruits! Maybe some soygurt, but lots of fruit. It's also another way to start the day full of real energy and not off of coffee!