Best Jillian Michael's DVD to flatten Stomach?

Options
I leave for vacation at the end of June and I'd really like to have as flat of a stomach as possible by then. I know that "Abs are Made in the Kitchen" but people have posted really amazing before and after pictures from JM DVDS and so I refuse to believe that a stomach cannot be flattened considerably through the combination of both a great workout and good eating. So, I've been looking at 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and 6 Week 6 Pack. If you've done any of those or any other DVDs of hers that really helped you around the waist area could you share your results please? Thank you!!

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    My fave JM workouts are No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I dont think anything else she's done compares to those 2. 6w 6p is OK. Ripped in 30 bored me. A lot of people love 30 day shred. It's just nothing I felt like trying. Good luck!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I find 30 day shred very very boring, you will have to really talk yourself into sticking with it.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    30 DS is oen I am doing at the moment and it is pretty boring but for me it is more so because of the music or lack thereof, but if you can pump up your own and follow it with the sound turned down it is much easier to stick with hehe Just keep your goals in your mind while you are doing it ;)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    none of them.

you need compound strength training like dead lifts, squats, bench press. they work the core along with many other muscles.
    combine that with a calorie deficit and you're set.
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I saw good results with the 30 Day Shred, but I'll admit it gets really repetitive and it's difficult to stick with. But, it's only 25 minutes long and is a nice little workout when going to the gym seems like too much of a chore. ;)
  • colourfulchaos
    colourfulchaos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People have posted some amazing results from 30DS. I've done it a couple times and didn't really notice that much of a difference, though. I have done others of hers that have had results. My favourite of hers right now is No More Trouble Zones, but I've also done Ripped in 30, Killer Abs and Extreme Shed and Shred--if you want to feel what my version of hell would be like do level 2 of Shed and Shred lol
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    30ds is just cardio with light weights. it can't compare to doing compound lifting.
    many compound lifting workouts take 30 mins too, so time is not the issue.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I got great results with 30 DS. Pics are in my profile. I hurt my foot 2 weeks in and couldn't do any of the cardio so I stopped. In going to start back up in the am. I like 6w6p too
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I done a Ri30 and KB&T'S combo and that done awesome :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be the one with the most DVD's in the package. Lie down and set it on your stomach to help flatten it.:laugh:

Flat abs don't come from exercise, it comes from calorie deficit. You can do all the exercising you like, but unless your deficit is consistent and correct, then it ain't gonna happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Combination but perhaps not for the reason you think...

1. Abs ARE made in the kitchen and the reason that there are great success stories about the ab reductions using this (or any other program) is that they are also pairing a calorie deficit in with a high intensity workout... The workout does burn calories which helps to create the deficit...

2. ABS are also made in the exercise quarters....in that, you can have all the calorie deficit in the world but if you are not working the muscles underneath the fat, you will create a flat but flabby stomach... If you want "6 pack abs", you have to have a combination of both... Calorie deficit to remove the fat layer and the exercise to have a defined muscle base beneath the fat to show off once the fat it gone.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    once the fat IS gone... (it IS 3:40 am here)
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin has a alot of dvds out there that chalenge you, you get results, they are fun and she motivates you. Boot camp and the fat blaster are my favorites.
  • Laukineprerija
    Options
    I find 30 day shred very very boring, you will have to really talk yourself into sticking with it.

i agree it was really boring, now i am on nmtz.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution!!! All the way! It is a 90 day program tho :) My friends and I on MFP have all seen major differences in our abs and upper body with this program!
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Okay /\ I thought it was just me! So far I have tried 30DS and Kicbox Fastfix neither of which really motivated me.