No Weight Loss for 2 weeks

Options
I have been on 1200 cals for 4 weeks now and lost 7.5lbs in first 2 weeks. I have lost nothing for 2 weeks and wondering if I am eating enough. I am training for RFL and running 30-45 mins 4 times as week as well as walking dog on top of that plus a couple exercise classes too. I sometimes go over 1200 by about 100-200 if I am doing loads of exercise.

Am I eating enough? Is there a formula for eating your exercise calories.

I have continued to lose a few inches.

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    are you logging you exercise and eating the cals you earn?

it sounds like you are not eating enough

it also sounds like you are tone up coz you are lossing inchs

anyone can add me
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm sure loads of people will be on hand just shortly to tell you you're not eating enough but in the meantime - are you weighing your food and logging accurately, it i very easy at the beginning, to underestimate the amount you're eating?
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    You. Aren't. Eating. Enough. Food.

FIRSTLY:
    How much do you weigh?
    Whats your height?

Honestly, if you are exercising heaps you need to fuel that!! If you deprive your body of fuel it will turn on you and convert all your meals into your fat reserve.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Check what you are eating. Like the above post, its very easy to go wrong when logging food. Check the contents of your food also, fat, carb and sugar content. You might be surprised!
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have increased my exercise too and it seems this slows down results on the scales, but gradually you do lose inches and your shape changes, which is the important thing anyway.

Just keep eating healthy food, avoid the junk and exercise - it has to work :)
  • ashleymac
    ashleymac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7in and 195.5lbs which is just under 14 stone. I use the scanner and weigh everything. I use Runtastic Pro and my HRM to accurately input my calories.

I am eating very clean no processed foods - lots of fruit and veg and lots of water 2 litres a day.

I feel great as the inches are coming off but it is hard not to feel frustrated by no movement on scales for 2 weeks.
  • fattiepotattie93
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree with everyone when they say you need to eat more. You might want to up the calories a little but not significantly. It is easy to fall into a trap of allowing yourself to eat more "to speed up weight loss". But if you do this pay close attention to the numbers on the scale because if it makes you gain weight you want to know right away so you can change strategies.

I think it's more likely that the reason you are not losing weight is that you are putting on muscle mass. Give it a couple more weeks, and see if you either a) drop inches or b) finally drop weight. If neither happens, then consult a professional about it. Until then, don't worry about it and try to continue doing what you're doing and not feel discouraged. If you're truly eating 1200-1400 cals a day and you are exercising frequently, then scientifically you are losing weight because there is a significant calorie deficit there. So all you have to do is wait for the calorie deficit to show in weight/inches loss eventually, because it has to happen eventually as the numbers are there! Don't worry! :)
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your metabolism may have shut down...you are not eating near enough. Your body is hanging onto ever calorie it takes in. 1,200 calories is what your body needs JUST TO SURVIVE, probably more since you are heavier. Follow the MFP plan based on your present weight, set a reasonable goal of one pound weight loss a week and go from there. My base for maintenance is now at 1,600 calories and if I am burning extra calories, I know I need to eat those back. I am 5'5" and 145 lbs.

A good site to check your requirements is www.scoobysworkshop.com. It will give you some guidelines to follow and you can translate them to this site.

Good luck, and don't starve yourself. This needs to be a lifelong lifestyle change you can live with or you will fail.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    1200 is the baseline cals MFP will give you. You are then suppose to log your exercise and eat those calories back. A deficit has already been factored into the 1200. If you don't eat those exercise cals back then the deficit you are creating could be too large and hinder your weight loss.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i went for 3 months without any weight loss. Finally i got over the plateau by switching up my workouts and ading some different cardio. you'll get over this hump. celebrate the little things, you said you are losing inches, that is good. Keep at it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1200 is the baseline cals MFP will give you. You are then suppose to log your exercise and eat those calories back. A deficit has already been factored into the 1200. If you don't eat those exercise cals back then the deficit you are creating could be too large and hinder your weight loss.

This. And all the exercise you're doing is a waste of time, as you don't eat anywhere near enough food to actually get any kind of muscle/strength improvement. Main issue is your metabolism is going to slow down to adjust, and once you eat at maintenance, you'll probably gain weight back.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Not seeing any weight loss over a 2 week period isn't necessarily a cause for concern. Sometimes weight loss is like that - you lose 8 lbs in 2 weeks and then nothing for a few weeks, then a couple more pounds come off, maybe you gain a pound... See what happens after a few more weeks.
  • ashleymac
    ashleymac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So the consensus is that I am not eating enough???
    I am going to try a week eating 1400 and see what happens.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I put your data in http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/#projectedweightloss

It says eat 1500 Cals a day to lose 40 pounds a year.

Eat your workout back or AT least 50pct
    Or save some For a riany day.