On a downward spiral.. Need help from friends !

Options
So my life has just been turned completely upside down. I broke up with my boyfriend who I was living with for 2 years, quit college and now don't know what to do with my life, as it used to revolve around him. I pushed away friends and family because I thought he was all I needed, gave him everything he could ask for but couldn't return the favour. But enough about him. It's time for me now. Time for me to sort out my life and focus on myself!

I NEED FRIENDS!! Friends who will support me and motivate me with their stories. Its been nearly a week since the breakup and I've barely eaten.. one meal a day has been the most and at that I still feel sick eating. I've also been smoking like a chimney which is the worst possible thing I could do for myself but I cant help but do it to keep my mind off everything.

SO. My weightloss story.. I lost nearly 30lbs last year for a wedding I was a bridesmaid for. Once the wedding day came I decided to splash out and eat whatever I wanted. BUT..... i never stopped eating! I gained about 20lbs back and I've never felt bigger. I am currently 152lbs , I was 160lbs last monday but from not being able to eat, Ive lost a few. Obviously this is not the way to do it, and I know I'll more than likely gain all that back.

But yeah.. I could really do with some supportive friends on here to motivate me, show me what you're doing so I can try to do the same. I want to run, as It used to do wonders for my head and I need some serious head cleaning at the moment. If you think you could help me please add me and i promise I'll be as active as I can and return the favour with some motivation and support.

Thanks for reading :)

Gráinne x

Replies

• FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should change your avatar? The reason you might be feeling sick eating may be because of how much you're smoking? When I was smoking sometimes id have 4 in a row at stressful times (stupid, yes), then id throw up sometimes because it was too much, yeugh, yes.
    Heartbreak sucks, I cant promise to know how you're feeling but I can offer you some support on changing your focus back to yourself....
    Im just starting to try running myself, today was actually my first go at it, it felt good but I didnt manage more than a minute at a time.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you have broken with you boy friend,

I remember last year when my son (20) rang me to see if I could come over, he had just broken up with his girlfriend of about 3 yr, he was heart broken and clung to me like a 2 yr for about 5 mins, it broke my heart to see my son is so much pain, I couldn't take away his pain but I could be there for him

I am happy to be here for you too.

try and eat some healthy food every few hours even if is only a small amount
    try to get some exercise, try to train as hard are you can, you will feel better, may take a week or so but you will feel better
    try and drink some water
    keep you mind busy thru-out the day
    try and relax in the evenings
    try and get a good nights sleep
    warm baths is good
    listern to happy music

and I agree with the person above me, change you pic you will feel better not seeing im for a while

have you heard the saying a door closes another one opens, you will met someone new in time. now is the time to take care of yourself

if you don't look after yourself noone else will

I will add you

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your Destiny." Frank Outlaw

anyone else are welcome to add me
  • rungrainnerun
    rungrainnerun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much girls its nice to know there are people out there who understand! My picture is with my brother so no need to change that :) Thanks for adding me I'll try and help you guys as much as you will help me! x
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Head cleaning I can help you with, but not on a public forum. I will email you if you want to accept my friend request
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There are several of us going through the same or very similar thing on this forum right now, and I'm one of them! I'm also the same weight as you are right now, and looking to lose 30lbs.

I struggle with the same things, don't know what to do with myself despite the fact I know what I'm good at, I just don't know how to direct it. I'm guessing you are much younger than me though, so you have loads of time.

What works for me is doing what I feel like at the time I feel like it to help my broken heart first - just don't worry about anything, concentrate on what YOU want at this moment. You want to cry - cry, you want to sleep - sleep, you want to chat to someone - talk to a friend. Once you put your turmoil behind you, you'll be able to think a lot more clearly about other areas of your life.

Don't take on too much at once - start slow on here with your food and fitness journey, if you take on too much you'll lose heart.

*big hugs*