Hello :)

Options
Hi all, just signed up after reading some good reviews.

Ok, a little about me....

I'm 35 and the mother of 3, youngest 6 and oldest 15. I currently weigh 211lbs. January 5th 2012 I decided to do a whole foods plant based diet. By June I had lost 52lbs, putting me at 199lbs. I was super excited and stopped being so vigilant about what I was eating and in what quantities....and gained back 11lbs, so now I weigh 210lbs.

My goal is to get to the weight I was before I had my youngest child (between 140-145lbs) and be in as good of shape, if not better shape. Even at that weight, being 5'5" I could properly stand to lose a bit more but I was happy and healthy at 145lbs.

I have fibromyalgia so sometimes I can't exercise as hard or as long as I'd like.

I've heard some pretty great things about this website/community and I'm very much looking forward to start losing this weight with you guys :)

Replies

• Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi JC,

I am new here also.....
    I weigh in at 214.....and want to get down to about 150.....so I guess you could say we are kind of in the same
    boat, so to speak...

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi...

Mary
  • JCBirch78
    JCBirch78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi!

Yes, it sounds like our starting point and goal are very similar :)

Have you always had an issue with your weight or did it just come about at some point?

I've had a love/hate relationship with food and my weight since I was an early teen. Back then I had an eating disorder and was very thin (I didn't know that now...but looking at pictures, I was thin). Then I put on weight during my first marriage due to stress and such. I weighed 269lbs when we decided to separate. Fourteen months post divorce I had lost 126lbs and weighed 143lbs (size 8 or Medium).

I was able to keep that off for 5yrs. Then I got pregnant with my son and was on bedrest for 6m of the pregnancy. Having not exercised at all through my pregnancy, once I had my son I rapidly put on weight and topped out at 251lbs.
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm in a very similar situation! Trying to lose a good 80 pounds. I never used to have a problem with weight until I started at my desk job and started loving all this food. LOL

Now I'm trying to get active and eat healthy and look and feel good!

I would also love some new friends that have similar goals.
  • FindingHeaven4me
    Options
    Hello, you can add me, I am a mother of 4 and looking to lose 81 lbs, I gained a good amount of weight with each pregnancy and was 258 lbs a couple years ago, I lost the weight and gained some back I weigh in at 219 now. I too am looking to get to around 140 lbs that was a great weight for my body. Also, Happy Mothers day to you