Any other new moms that could use some support?

I am a new mom that is struggling with weightloss...I gained a large amount, and its taken me 10 mos to actually get serious about losing weight...and its been so hard! I would love to connect with some other moms in the same boat~

Replies

• Hi, feel free to add me. I have 3 children & I've gained a total of 60lbs in a 7 yr stretch. I know how it feels to struggle with weight loss & it sucks because the lbs are easier to gain than to lose. If you need some to chat with I'm available!

Good luck on your weight loss journey... :-)
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    I have a 10.5 month old and am fortunate to be nearing the end of my weight loss journey, but we ALWAYs need support from other moms! Also, we have a Post Partum Pack group that has some other great people on it.
  • salydra
    salydra Posts: 29
    I've managed to work off the 60lbs I gained during pregnancy and then some - currently working towards that illusive ideal weight!
  • sausalitomama
    sausalitomama Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, feel free to add me, I'd love to support you! I'm a mom of 2 under the age of 3 and log every day (the good and the bad!).
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Hello!

My baby girl is 4 months old and my son is 23 months old. We've been busy! I gained 23lbs with my son, lost it all within a week, granted I was still overweight! Joined a gym to get out of the house when he was 7 months old. Lost another 10 lbs, got pregnant (on purpose! lol). Then I gained 46 (FOURTY SIX) lbs! I breastfeed and am limiting calories (but not too much) and am just starting to try to get out and walk a few days a week. I am down 42 lbs as of today! 4 more to go until pre pregnancy of my daughter, and then I need to lose another 12 to stop being "overweight" and into a "normal" weight.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 193 Member
    I am a mom of a busy 3 year old daughter and finally getting in the right track to getting off the excess weight. I do weights training 3 days a week and cardio on 2 or 3 of the days I dont lift.
  • Khorner84
    Khorner84 Posts: 55 Member
    Hello mommies!!! I have a son that turned 2 on Easter and a 6 month old girl. I would love to connect with some mammas that know where I'm coming from!! I finished day 9 of Jillian michaels 30 day shred today. Feel free to add me!!
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Mamma of three boys here, an almost 4 year old, a 2.5 year old and a ten month old. To say my house is a mess is an understatement. I decided to join MFP because I can at least control what I eat even if I cannot control my environment.
  • rkmom12
    rkmom12 Posts: 1
    hello. i could also use the support! i have 2 kids under the age of 4. and i've struggled with weight loss.. well it seems like forever! anyway im always available for anyone who needs some encouragement, or just someone to talk to! thanks!
  • formyhenry
    formyhenry Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a mom of a 2 year old and 10 week old. I have always struggled with my weight but I am currently the heaviest I've ever been. I want to lose this pregnancy weight, the 10 lbs left over from my first pregnancy and the 15 lbs I gained while I had a broken foot before/during my first pregnancy. I want to get pregnant again in a few years but I am not allowing myself to do so until most of this weight is off. I could use support. I am so tired all the time and would rather sleep than go to the gym. Feel free to add me!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    I would ALWAYS rather sleep than do anything else. It's overwhelming. But then the few times my husband makes it so I can nap? And I can't sleep. But no way I'm going to a gym, would be a waste of money for me right now...

Keeping track of what I actually put in face has been helping and I'm going to try to add walking since my son only wants to be outside now!
  • blaqpepa
    blaqpepa Posts: 67 Member
    Hi Mommies :) Feel free to add me :) I could definitely use some support, and give some too :)
    I'm a SAHM of a 6month old little girl. I've struggled with weight since my teens, but having Mikayla has really motivated me to do something about it. Its been super difficult to get started, after a c-section, a baby who never wants to be put down etc. But here I am. Just did day 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and feeling a lot better about myself and my future weght :)
  • Vex325
    Vex325 Posts: 31 Member
    I love meeting other moms! I have 3 aged 4 and under and all were via c-section. While I did gain some of my weight during each pregnancy, I gained most of it after my 3rd. I had a tubal done because I had to have a c-section anyway and seriously underestimated how long that would take to heal. Instead of getting my eating habits under control while I waited to be able to exercise, I let myself get depressed and ate. A lot. I would eat those stupid Little Debbie vanilla cakes by the box. There's almost 1200 calories in one box. I didn't notice how much weight I had gained because I couldn't stop wearing my maternity clothes after my surgery anyway. When I finally realized it, I just sat and cried. So now I'm working hard to get back into my old clothes. I only really gained 30 pounds, but I want to go lower than my initial weight. I started this app at 159 (almost 160) and am working to get down to 105. I'd love to have some more mom friends and be able to offer support and encouragement as much as I can. Feel free to add me!
  • trendytn
    trendytn Posts: 1
    I didn't see any results from 30DS and I have a 2 month old. Boo! Suggestions?
  • Hi... I'd love to make friends! I have an almost 2 yr old son & I'm due in 5 weeks! Now single so need to be taking care of my health!
  • hey i am a single mum of 2 my eldest just turned 3 and an 18mth old i need all the help i can get as i put on so much weight between getting pregnant and no im only just thinking seriously about losing the weight as im so unhappy with myself

feel free to add :-)
  • campbellbx
    campbellbx Posts: 25 Member
    Hi guys im becky and I have 3 lovely boys 7, 3 and a 4month old I am realy looking for some support and hoping to support others. I have about 30lb to lose. Feel free to add me.:smile: