Im brand new :)

Options
And need to loose a LOT of weight, so any friendly support welcome! Pls friend me! :)

Replies

• goblindab
    goblindab Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey I've only been doing this a week or so, no friends as of yet! 64lbs to lose if thats a friend you'd like! :smile: :smile:
  • Gillibakedbeans
    Options
    Yes! Sorry I dont get the messages or comments on the app, I would of gotten back to u sooner :smile: I friended you and I look forward to hearing from u!
  • theibster
    theibster Posts: 13
    Options
    Im jumping on this bandwagon if it's ok ladies!
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I have my diary opened up to friends.
  • debbieb1971
    debbieb1971 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too. Joined via my phone months ago and did nothing with it, but only started using it properly 5 days ago.

I'm a bit confused as to what some of the abbreviations mean - BMR and TDEE. If anybody knows can you enlighten me.

Deb x
  • Gillibakedbeans
    Options
    Not a clue Deb! Lol all I know is the more of us there are, the more support we each have, so lets get skinny!!!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. I'm only 20 lbs in and have a bunch of weight to lose too.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ya'll can add me to if u like
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too. Joined via my phone months ago and did nothing with it, but only started using it properly 5 days ago.

I'm a bit confused as to what some of the abbreviations mean - BMR and TDEE. If anybody knows can you enlighten me.

Deb x
    BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate. It's the number of calories you'd burn in a day just from breathing, heart beating, cell repair, growing hair and nails, brain activity, digestion, and other bodily functions, without taking activity into account. It's as if you were in a coma, not voluntarily moving at all.

TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It's your BMR plus whatever you do that day: walking around, work, exercise, picking up objects, driving your car.

If you ate at TDEE every day, you would be at maintenance. Calories in would equal calories out, so you wouldn't lose or gain weight.

If you eat below BMR all the time (there are people who average out their weekly calories so that one day might be over, another under, and that's fine), you aren't giving your body enough to function properly, and it will respond by diverting energy away from non-essential things like hair, skin, and nails, and eventually slow your metabolism to conserve energy.

So if you want to lose weight, eat above BMR so your body has enough to function, but below TDEE so that you're in a calorie deficit. People with more weight to lose often subtract 20% from TDEE, people who are near goal might go TDEE -10% or -5%.

Does that make sense?