Ughhh! 1 lb.

Options
I have stayed so good Monday, Tuesday and so far today. I stayed at my 1200 calories and Tuesday morning weigh in said I gained 1/2 pound and this morning weigh in says I gained another 1/2. 1 lb. increase in 2 days. Now, if I had been bad and cheated, then I would deserve that pound. But, I haven't even gotten to enjoy the food associated with a 1 lb. increase. Urrrrrrrghhh!

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have stayed so good Monday, Tuesday and so far today. I stayed at my 1200 calories and Tuesday morning weigh in said I gained 1/2 pound and this morning weigh in says I gained another 1/2. 1 lb. increase in 2 days. Now, if I had been bad and cheated, then I would deserve that pound. But, I haven't even gotten to enjoy the food associated with a 1 lb. increase. Urrrrrrrghhh!
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

11lb lost well done

why put yourself through dissapointment, with daily wieghing, another few days and you may have lost :flowerforyou:

i wiegh once a week :smile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    You'll read a lot on here about the blasted scale. Best tip I've heard is to designate ONE day for a weigh in per week. The rest of the week hide that darn thing called a scale.

O! And don't forget to measure on the weigh in days! That way when the scale says you're sitting at the EXACT same number for a week or two, you'll know if it's because of your intake/workout being off or that you're gaining muscle and losing inches.

:wink: Best of luck!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    You may also not be eating enough calories and need to up it 100 or 200. 1200 cals is the bare minimum posted on this site but for some people, myself included, it is way too low. I stopped losing and I upped my calories to 1400 and also added 10-15 minutes to my exercise. After two weeks of that I lost three pounds in a week and then 2 then next. So try that. Don't be scared about adding calories. Your body maybe in starvation mode and will not let go of any more weight. Hope this helps!
    Melissa
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Melissa. 1200 calories for some people is way to low. A friend of mine and I are on MFP and we stay around 1400 cals a day plus exercise. I find that if I stay around 1200 it is way to low and i end up binge eating before i go to bed to get to 1400. I also think I red on WebMd that normal daily cals should be around 2,000 for women and 3,000 for men, which is different from MFP. MFP says 1650 for women a day. Not sure which to follow, so I stick to the 1400 mark a day.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    When this happens I start to put things into perspective by thinking about what I've eaten - did I really go over by 3500 calories- since the answer is aways no, I feel a little better. Even if I go over my allotment (1500 for 1/2 lb loss, plus calories burned), there is no way - even in a week (or a month) that I go over by that much.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Fluid--give it time, it will disappear. I gained 3.5 pounds in 3 days a couple of weeks ago--took 4 days for it all to eventually go away.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Today, although I ate very similar to the way I have been eating since I joined MPF on May 17th, I felt hungry and lightheaded all day. I ended up eating dinner at 4:30 p.m! I actually ended up with1320 calories eaten today. I just couldn't get enough. And it wasn't emotional eating it was complete hunger. So, hopefully, since I upped the calories, maybe something will happen to the scale. In a positive direction. :laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You might want to up your calories some anyway and try for a smaller amount of loss each week.