Calling all ladies...5ft 9 - 5ft 10 In's!

Options
gigineve809
gigineve809 Posts: 5 Member
Hi Ladies.....I was wondering if you lovely tall girls out there would be willing to share your weight loss progress pictures with me? I starting losing weight just over a year ago and I'm currently sitting at 10 stone 8 lb's (148 lb's). It would be really helpful if you ladies could post your before and after pictures for me to see....I'm currently having difficulty understanding just how much weight I've managed to loose! That might sound like madness...however in my defence I literally have no before pictures as I avoided cameras like the plague for years and the start of my weight loss wasn't exactly intentional. I was briefly ill and by the time i recovered I had lost 18 lb's which made me think 'Yay..I can do this'...so I did! I also believe that I'm in slight denial! I think i need to loose more however my friends/family think otherwise. My height/weight details are as below....I'd appreciate input from any of you lovely ladies out there in a similar position! Thank you...

Starting weight: 104 kg (16 stone 5lb's)
Current weight: 67.3 kg (10 stone 8lb's)
Height: 5ft 9.5 in's

: ) x

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a GW of 165 (:

This is me at 275 taken on 2/28/13. I look awful and I didnt realize the underwire in my bra was so screwed up LOL.

22513f_zps2d35f8e1.jpg

This is me at 261.2 on 5/3/13, just about 14 lbs down.

20130502_221458_zps93db48cf.jpg

My last weigh in I was 256.6, bringing me to about 18 lbs lost, I'm waiting to hit the 20 mark for my next pic. (:
  • lisaharasiuk
    Options
    I had a baby almost a year ago. Pre-baby I was about 130lbs and I am between 5'9" and 5'10". After the baby I stayed between 150-155lbs. I started doing Zumba on Wii 2 weeks ago and watching what I eat and counting my calories. I have lost 4lbs so far. I am down to 146. I have lost it and gone up two pounds then back down. It's because on the weekends I am not as careful, I drink beer, eat ice cream, etc. I am not concerned with loosing it all instantly or being better than I was before. I just want to get down to that weight at a good pace without cheating myself out of all of the things that I really enjoy. My birthday is next Friday and I turn 40. This is the first time in my life I have ever watched my weight, my calories or even exercised. I feel like it was time for a change and I feel great about the pace I am losing the weight. I don't have a lot of pics either because I was pregnant. But I can say you can do it if you just stick to it You are allowed to cheat and offer yourself incentives. Just don't give up.
  • lisaharasiuk
    Options
    Good Job Brittany!! You can see the difference 5lbs has made in your stomach just underneath your bra! Keep up the good work!!
  • tjthegreatone
    tjthegreatone Posts: 324
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weigh a bit more than you 71-72kg. I have no before or after photos sorry! But I wear a UK size 10 (US 6?) and I have a fair bit of muscle on me.
    Whether or not that weight is 'too skinny' for you depends almost entirely on your body structure (frame, muscle mass etc) and genetics.
    I know that I have only very briefly weighed what you did (68kg) and I found it was too difficult to maintain that weight and I actually lost my periods for a couple of months so...we're all different.
    My personal opinion is that if you're struggling to maintain that weight naturally/intuitively (or whilst eating at maintenance), it's probably too low for you. And if you're hungry all the time, ditto. If your periods are irregular or have disappeared - same.
    I'm having to accept that what I think is an ideal weight isn't necessarily what my body likes, and that may be the case for you too.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    d49dcfd4-eb0e-4c30-b9a0-09122e080b92_zps716e8199.jpg

I am also 5'9" and I wasn't even at my largest or smallest in these pics...but it shows a great difference! I am down 83 lbs. as of today....

0c39e64f-8b5c-4eae-ace5-387ae96edba8_zpsb2df83e4.jpg

Here's another great comparison! I started this journey at 260 lbs.! I am currently around 175 today.... :)
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'10" and currently sitting at around 260#s. I've only just started on my journey to losing weight, so there's no before or after pics yet, but it's very inspirational to see the transformations of everyone else, and I'd definitely like to keep up with this thread and eventually have great b/a pics myself ^_^

Also, if anyone would like to be friends for support and motivation, I could really use some... I don't have much support coming from the people around me...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I'm 5'9" and here to improve my fitness (and track sodium intake), not lose weight. But I'm very interested to see what the different weights and fitness levels look like.
  • iecreamheadaches
    Options
    Good Job Brittany!! You can see the difference 5lbs has made in your stomach just underneath your bra! Keep up the good work!!

13* lbs but thank you (:
  • iecreamheadaches
    Options
    d49dcfd4-eb0e-4c30-b9a0-09122e080b92_zps716e8199.jpg

I am also 5'9" and I wasn't even at my largest or smallest in these pics...but it shows a great difference! I am down 83 lbs. as of today....

0c39e64f-8b5c-4eae-ace5-387ae96edba8_zpsb2df83e4.jpg

Here's another great comparison! I started this journey at 260 lbs.! I am currently around 175 today.... :)

looking good ! (:
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    iphone824_zpsc1e569a1.jpg

1st pic 250lbs
    2nd pic 218lbs
    3rd pic 180lbs
    currently 173lbs

Im 5'10 now a healthy weight but I haven't lost all this to have an average body, I want to be ripped!!! so still some fat to lose and muscle to build
  • bornleader79
    bornleader79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!!!! Great pics
  • ukgirly01
    Options
    Can anyone explain why my photo didnt work?
  • iecreamheadaches
    Options
    iphone824_zpsc1e569a1.jpg

you didnt put the image tag in it. (: its [ img ] and then [ /img ] just take the spaces out.
  • ukgirly01
    Options
    thanks
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    readyforlukebryan2_zps6b3510a1.jpg

This is me at 5'9" tall and weighing 154lb. I fluctuate between 151 and 154 depending on what I've eaten that day.

I would like to trade a bit of the 'back fat' for some muscle and I'd love to get rid of a bit more in the belly but right now I'm happy with how far I've come.

And wow - sorry for how big that is! Totally IN your face! LOL I don't have any before that really show me - I started at about 180 though after the birth of my twins.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    All of you ladies look great in your pics. Definitely making some good progress. Keep up all the good work. I didn't take any before pics either. Wish I would've thought of doing that. I'm 5'10 myself and at about 190ish right now and hoping to drop another 15-30. Very inspirational from all of you :-)
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How can i put my pic here?
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    readyforlukebryan2_zps6b3510a1.jpg

This is me at 5'9" tall and weighing 154lb. I fluctuate between 151 and 154 depending on what I've eaten that day.

I would like to trade a bit of the 'back fat' for some muscle and I'd love to get rid of a bit more in the belly but right now I'm happy with how far I've come.

And wow - sorry for how big that is! Totally IN your face! LOL I don't have any before that really show me - I started at about 180 though after the birth of my twins.

You look awesome! I could never be that light...I have a heavier build so I am struggling to get down under 175 lbs. right now. My goal is 170, but not looking to happen at all.
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5'10 started at 261.9 lbs. currently at 220.4 lbs. I have lost 42 lbs so far 25 lbs to go. I currently do Jillian Michaels 30 day shrewd plus cycle for 10-15 miles 5 days a week.

image_zps9910d189.jpg

image_zpsa0035d49.jpg:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!