I helped my son learn to ride his bike

Options
rgrin
rgrin Posts: 67 Member
My husband is over 6' tall, and I'm 5-foot exactly. It is easier for me to hold on to and run with a new bike rider. But two summers ago, I was too heavy and couldn't run. I had to sit on the sidelines and watch my husband crouch down uncomfortably as my eldest learned to ride without training wheels. This year, it's time for my youngest to learn. And I can do it. I've lost 22 pounds and I can comfortably run with him. I'm sad to have "missed" it with my first, but I feel so great knowing that I was able to help my son (and my husband's back) this time.

Replies

• carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I bet your son will be very happy having his mom help him learn to ride his bike! When he's riding well, your whole family can go on bike rides together!
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    great. now, can you teach ME? I'm almost 20 years old and I still don't know how to ride a bike :(
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    That is an Amazing NSV, Congrats to you.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment for you as well as a great memory for your son. One of the many perks of becoming healthier!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    my grand mother taught me. in like 1 hour. everyone else failed perviously. she was the bomb. good job.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    There you go...great example of how being more healthy helps you enjoy life more. Congratulations!:drinker:
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This post just made my night. Good for you, ride that bike! :)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    great. now, can you teach ME? I'm almost 20 years old and I still don't know how to ride a bike :(

HAHA ME TOO :x
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job, and thanks for making me smile!

Happy Mother's Day! :flowerforyou:
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best success stories I've read in months! Congratulations!

Don't be too sad about missing out on teaching your older child to ride - it's pretty special that each parent got a chance to teach a child such a milestone achievement. Now, you can swap when it's their turn to learn to drive!

Way to go Momma! Your hard work has directly positively impacted your childrens' lives already! Woohoo!
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay you! That is such an awesome NSV! My sons are in their 30s and I still remember the day we took off the training wheels for my oldest, and him asking "When are you gonna let go?", and me saying, "I already did!"
    Moments so precious... how exciting for you to be able to be part of his big success!
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that make us the happiest!!!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Your NSV made my day. Thank you for posting.:flowerforyou:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    this thread has made my day. such a small thing. such a wonderful thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!