I think I'm about to give up, help :(

Options
So far, I lost 20 pounds but I feel like giving up either need new routine /videos.... but I'm just so bored and it's snowing in may so I can't go outside, I need something to do.
Or a new monthly challenge....any ideas to get me back on my feet?

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of mini challenges on these forums, if you have a quick search. Also, YouTube have a huge selection of workout videos.
    Also, how about searching the groups on here? There might be some challenge groups.
    Good luck!
  • hung3r
    hung3r Posts: 5
    Options
    try yoga, you can do it virtually anywhere and there are some awesome apps for it (i recommend Women's Health Hot Body Yoga)
    You can find ones for meditation and workouts. You'll also notice you'll tone your whole body and it improves flexibility, plus it helps manage stress so all the weight that stuck on because of stress will soon be a distant memory! :]
  • KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you are bored, change things up. it's like. I'm bored in my marriage, so I'll leave...
    If it's snowing, you can still go for a walk. just bundle up.
    This is a thing that needs to continuously evolve. Make goals, meet them. then change things up. but never quit.
  • ellegp
    ellegp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I joined a group on here that is motivated and puts out little challenges that help. It's called Skinny Christmas Challenge. You should consider joining. I'm already drinking more water and giving serious thought on what I want to challenge myself to do next.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So far, I lost 20 pounds but I feel like giving up either need new routine /videos.... but I'm just so bored and it's snowing in may so I can't go outside, I need something to do.

Do give up. There are many great Groups and programs to help motivate you. It snowed here to yesterday in May and I know how depressing that can be. In April we had over 51 inches of snow.

If you are interested in joining a motivation and support group let me know. I have one here and several on facebook.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Buy a snowboard.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Roller Skates!!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    then give up and take a break, relax, take it easy... no need to stress out yourself. life is good.

but keep in mind that being healthy is good so be ready to get back with vengeance soon
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you are bored, change things up. it's like. I'm bored in my marriage, so I'll leave...

This.

Never mind the snowboard bit. You should totally break up with exercise.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it's snowing, you can still go for a walk. just bundle up.
    This is a thing that needs to continuously evolve. Make goals, meet them. then change things up. but never quit.

^^^^^This
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    it's snowing in may so I can't go outside,

Snowing???? in May???? Ugh :(

Don't feel like quitting. As other's said look on youtube for some difference things. I was doing that the other day just for fun and I was surprised as to how much was on there. I was feeling discouraged the other day after I bought my new scales and realized I weighed a lot more then my old scales were saying and almost gave up. However, I realized that I've lost the same amount of weight and I can keep doing it! (Even if it will take me longer to get to my goal now.) I put myself back on to it and am glad that I did and am going to keep at this.

You can do it!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

Do give up. There are many great Groups and programs to help motivate you. It snowed here to yesterday in May and I know how depressing that can be. In April we had over 51 inches of snow.

If you are interested in joining a motivation and support group let me know. I have one here and several on facebook.

I think he meant don't give up.

Can you get to a nice pool and swim?
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Remember how you felt 20 pounds ago and celebrate how far you've come. 20 pounds is a lot! Look for a fun and different workout on youtube (I love fitness blender). Maybe it's time to change up your workout routine or set new goals. Paint your nails. Paint your room. Do something different to inspire yourself. Just don't give up.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be 88F in my part of Los Angeles today. When i lived in detroits, I would see people walking in the malls...maybe that would be a good thing to do?
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    It's gonna be 88F in my part of Los Angeles today. When i lived in detroits, I would see people walking in the malls...maybe that would be a good thing to do?

Sadly the closest thing to a mall I have is an hour and half away...by car.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to suck it up and keep moving. Get a big bag of dog food, even if you don't own a dog. Plunk that down on your dining room table. Tell yourself that you have lost that much and more (a bag is typically 17.5 lbs).

In the end, you don't have to be accountable to us. You have to be accountable to yourself. Do you want to regain the twenty that you lost? Because that is what will happen if you quit now.

Stop blubbering and move your a**.

Jan

</DSR>End of Drill Seargent Routine<DSR>
  • SteveR55
    SteveR55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is awesome ! I though I was doing great until I found out my scale whacked out BY 10 POUNDS oh well talk about disapointment. We got to stick with it snow will melt I got a new scale Dr was happy I lost weight. Today will pass hang in there Steveo :smile:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Sadly the closest thing to a mall I have is an hour and half away...by car.

So job in place, buy a jumprope, a hula hoop, do push ups, planks, squats, good mornings. Do them while watching tv, until failure. Just do something. Or don't. I don't think we can really help you b/c the first thing you said is that you're about to give up. I get that you're bored but I can't see how that translates to giving up. I got bored with my routine and I took a break from planned exercise. I didn't give up. I kept logging, found some other things to do in the way of physical activity and now I have a new routine based on what I enjoyed. Find something you enjoy. Trial and error will be the best help you can get.