Other than weighloss - are you making other changes?

Options
kae_blah
kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
Most people on this site are making lifestyle changes. The obvious changes are diet and exercise.

As part of being happy with my body, I am finally getting on to other things I have been thinking about but putting off for a long time. For me I have just had my teeth whitened and I am booked for iLasik so I will no longer need my glasses.

What other changes are you making?

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Yoga and meditating have made me change my personality so much, I am so calm now
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I wear tank tops to the gym now.. I do still wear hoodies for most of the workout, but I don't hide in big shirts. I dress A LOT nicer... basically all of my friends and I have transitioned into the "suiting up". I don't give a **** if I look like total **** in pictures...
  • ThousandMilesAway
    Options
    I'm trying to incorporate more relaxation into my lifestyle, have a more optimistic and less scared outlook on life, work harder, take better care of my appearance and do more with my life (as in hobbies, community involvement, etc.)
    I'm pretty interested in meditation, but I haven't tried it yet...

Good luck to everyone who is trying to make lifestyle changes :D
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yoga and meditating have made me change my personality so much, I am so calm now

what kind of exercises have helped you ? Do share
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    i've noticed i now walk looking straight ahead, i used to walk looking at the pavement, i'm also on the look out for a maxi dress, that much skin on show (on my shoulders) would of been a big no no before
  • kae_blah
    Options
    Thanks for the great posts.

I know I am smiling more and bigger since getting my teeth done. I am looking forward to a shopping spree when I am at my goal weight,
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm eating more healthily! When I started using MFP, it was just about calories (which worked for lowering BF%) but I learnt that to get the results, I had to think carefully about what I ate particularly to keep protein levels up when I'm not eating as much as I used to. It's far easier to keep protein levels up if you can eat whatever you want because, for instance, 1 packet of Mccoy's might only have 2g of protein and 167kcals, but it means I could easily get 20g of protein from Mccoy's crisps if I ate 10 bags which equates to 1670 kcals. :o)
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    ah excellent thread! :D

as I approach my first year of MFP, I have to acknowledge that I have come a LOOOONG WAY in everything!! but especially how I think and treat myself.

I no longer binge eat
    I no longer feel I need to clean up the kids plates ( I AM NOT A GARBAGE DISPOSAL!!!!)
    I no longer bash myself! instead i am more cocky and smart-assy??!! lol
    i no longer hide in sweaters even in hot weather
    I wear shorts!!!!! :D
    I am quick to snuff out any negative thought about myself.
    I am happier over all!!!

I still have a long way to go but I know every day I am becoming better and better!
  • needtobefitt
    Options
    getting a new hair colour, whitening teeth, and new wardrobe :)
  • kae_blah
    Options
    Actually - I did that as well. I finally went blond after thinking about it for years.

I guess that means I am more willing to take actions on positive changes. I can make myself a priority even if it is just cosmetic things.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm finally wearing clothes that actually *fit* my body and show it off. I've stopped hiding myself in big,baggy clothes.
  • EmmettBrown
    EmmettBrown Posts: 51
    Options
    Quitting smoking as well :P
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would have to agree with the buying clothes that fit and show off some of the good features of my body. I too went blonder again and just feel more confident overall.
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking, feel great!