Tony Horton - 10 MINUTE TRAINER!

dakotababy
dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
Hey everyone!

Me and my boyfriend were thinking about purchasing the 10 minute trainer by Tony Horton...I was just wondering what you guys all thought about it! Was it for beginners? Advanced?

The big thing I am wondering is if it female orientated or male orientated...I am thinking if it is more female, my boyfriend may not be as willing to do the exercises.

Any feedback welcome!

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Anyone?
  • jabercrombie0780
    jabercrombie0780 Posts: 4 Member
    It's for both genders. I have it, and have done it. I would suggest having a range of resistance bands, though. You will soon surpass the one that comes with the DVD, and I suspect your other half will use a higher resistance than you (since he's a guy). But overall, very good. I like it because you really do make the most of your time, and you start to wonder why you've been wasting so much time targeting tiny areas when you can work several at once.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    When I first heard about "10 Minute Trainer", I thought ten mins and get in awesome shape, great! That's when I discovered about HASfit. I've lost 8 lbs doing two HASfit 10 mins workouts (20 mins) five or six days a week. I also lost 3 more lbs doing BeFit in 90. These are both free and can be done using YouTube or you can burn them to DVD. I'm doing my own eating plan by eating healthier.

HASFit has beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts for men, women and seniors. HASfit has 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 45 minute workouts.
    www.hasfit.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KozakSportsPerform

BeFit in 90 has 10 min workouts that can be modified for beginners. I created a six week program using BeFit in 90 instead of doing it 90 days.
    There are other free BeFit workouts available.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90
    http://www.lionsgatebefit.com/
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    bump
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Meh, I could go either way on buying it or not. I got it at a yard sale for $5 and it was a good buy. :laugh:

It is for both genders. Tony does some videos and some ladies do some others. I prefer to do a total body workout only 3x per week and have more time. There are lots of free youtube videos. I love fitnessblender.com. They have an awesome library of videos.

But if you want the structure and are a fan of Tony Horton and the beachbody programs, then go for it. You can choose how to pair up the videos, but the set does come with a recommended workout schedule.
  • SetAside
    SetAside Posts: 3 Member
    I just purchased it and just completed my week 1 day 1 workout. I'm following the Accelerated Results and completed all 3 suggested workouts. I'm excited about my purchase and so far I feel dedicated and committed. Maybe it's the money I spent that's motivating me lol but either way, I'm going to stick with it. I'll respond back in a week and let you know how it's going.
  • macneang
    macneang Posts: 2
    It is a good program. If you are not used to pushing yourself to exhaustion this will help.
    You will see you are so much more capable than you thought. Beach body bands for p90x would be good to use with this program too.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    there is no difference between male and female workouts. both have the same muscle systems... and same adaptation responses to stimulus.