NSV for today!

Options
Happy Mothers Day to everyone. My husband suggested we take the dog for a walk. I opened my drawer to pull out some shorts and a tee and saw buried at the bottom a sentimental tee that I haven't been able to wear in about 12 years. I got the tee at Hard Rock Cafe in Copenhagen on Thanksgiving years ago and just could not bring myself to throw it out.

Well it now fits and it isn't even a tight fit.

So what is your NSV for the week?

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    This morning my husband was asked by his friend what I was doing to get trim because he's like those results, too! Hee hee!

Happy Mother's Day
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am going on a business trip this week and I needed to get a few outfits since my current clothes are baggy on my.

Size 14 pants (down from size 18W) and XL tops (down from 1X). My boobs did not shrink otherwise I would be in a large.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all! Great NSV!
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    Technically it was a NSV for yesterday but I walked around the zoo yesterday for 6 hours and could have kept going . I also bought a sz 18/20 sweater yesterday and it fits . A year ago that would have been a 26/28.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A long time neighbor mistook me for one of the college kids who jogs past his house and called me over to warn me that heavy traffic and poor visibility made the road unsafe for pedestrians. True, he wasn't wearing his glasses and he recognized me once I was within 10 or 15 feet, but still... I'll be 60 years old in a little over a week.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I put on a church dress and had to use several pins to keep it up!!!!
  • karris43
    karris43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I saw people I hadn't seen for a while and someone told me there was a dress I had liked on sale. I asked her to pick it up for me in a 16 and she said 'You are never a 16!'

She picked it up a 14 and it fitted :-)
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    I cleaned out all the clothes that are too big for me from my closet today. I found that my small suit is baggy!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome NSV's!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day to everyone. My husband suggested we take the dog for a walk. I opened my drawer to pull out some shorts and a tee and saw buried at the bottom a sentimental tee that I haven't been able to wear in about 12 years. I got the tee at Hard Rock Cafe in Copenhagen on Thanksgiving years ago and just could not bring myself to throw it out.

Well it now fits and it isn't even a tight fit.

So what is your NSV for the week?

Congratulations! Today I was up a bit on the scale because of TOM, but when I did measurements I was down an inch here, a half inch there, a bit all over. So that was pretty good. I should have never gotten on the scale. What was I thinking?
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles in 27:31 on a 2.0 incline :)
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I completed my first ever 5k race :)
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I drove to Philadelphia and tried out for the Biggest Loser...I didn't get a call back but I came out of my comfort zone. I had dinner with another applicant the night before and she had the gastric bypass surgery. She had went from 400 lbs to 165 and now she is creeping up to 300 again. I thought about it and realized that there are not a lot of people out there that can lose large numbers without some extra help, like surgery. So, I was very proud of my success thus far. Since, I didn't make it on the Biggest Loser, I am even more determined to do this on my own. I went to farmer's market and grocery store and made sure more than half my food was vegetables and also bought fruit. Everything I bought was "clean" except for some light cream cheese and lite cool whip. I am prepping as much as I can for the week. I am sticking to my plan this week 100%.
  • feelthelove1964
    feelthelove1964 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I kept some jeans size 16 from 5 years ago , and tried them on this morning and they are baggy ;)
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I now weigh less than the phony weight I put on my drivers license!! I guess its kind of a SV...but I think most of us are guilty of padding our weight a little bit on our drivers license. I never thought that I would weigh less than that!! woohoo!!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I fit in a size 13!! Two month's ago my size 17 pant's were tight and I had to move up to stretchy size 18's. Two night's ago my husband commented that I was shrinking, that day I was getting sad about the scale weight going up. THen yesterday I went shopping since I wore out all the thigh's of ALL my pant's and capri's. At the store I tried on size 16 first, they were too big, and I had to keep trying on smaller sizes down to size 13! I do not like tight clothes but I probably could have gone smaller since the legs are pretty loose, but I still have a flabby belly and still look somewhat pregnant. My belly isn't as far past my boobs anymore though. Oh and I haven't fit in size 13 since I was 20 years old. My goal size is a 10 and now it seems like this goal is reachable :)
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was able to fit into a medium shirt for the first time since I was in high school!
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I now weigh less than the phony weight I put on my drivers license!! I guess its kind of a SV...but I think most of us are guilty of padding our weight a little bit on our drivers license. I never thought that I would weigh less than that!! woohoo!!

This made me think about what number I had on my license, so I looked. I actually weigh less now than I did then! That's also exciting :D
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of trousers today I bought 6 years ago and only wore once! I was only trying them on to see how much more I would need to lose to fit into them! Yay!!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I drove to Philadelphia and tried out for the Biggest Loser......

I live next to a Biggest Loser Resort and am great friends with the couple that owns this resort here! They are really great people and last summer they started running some of their workout programs in the park by my house and invited all of their friends to come workout with them. They told me these are the exact same workouts they run at the resort! I am sad they only did this for 6 weeks last summer and said they are too busy this year to do it again. But, let me tell you ... You are 100% totally and completely capable of doing the exact same thing in your own home!! I could tell you some of the workout routines from what I remember if you would like ... And, I could call my friend and see if she can tell me some more.
    The only thing the Biggest Loser Resort has that you can get from a grocery store, a gym or your own home is someone standing behind you telling you to do it. You can do this! We are all here to stand behind you and tell you that you CAN! The rest is up to you!