Hello! 100+ pounds to go!

Options
Hello everyone,

I started using MFP about a week ago I think at the recommendation of my sister. I'd been using Noom, which is okay, but the calorie amounts are inexact and I was trying to be more specific.

I have about 100 pounds to lose. I am a newlywed, 27, living in India. I'm an American ex-pat (married to an Indian man). In America I never seemed to be able to lose anything. I came here and the fat is slowly melting off. In five months I lost 13 pounds without much effort. Now I'm putting effort in to try to maximize that.

Aside from my sister I don't have any connections on here yet. I'm hoping to meet some great, encouraging fitness pals. That 13 pounds is the most I've EVER lost.

I also have PCOS. I was insulin resistant but am not anymore. I just found out I have an under active thyroid, and am taking pills for that.

Anyway, I'm looking for really anybody. If you have stuff in common with me, great. If not, also fine. I just want to be encouraged and be encouraging.

Replies

• ynvndn
    ynvndn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have a lot to loose too, hope i can help and support you. Good luck!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I offer alot of support and motivation :-) Feel free to add me! That goes for anyone. We all need the support. Have a great day
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    welcome to all of you, been here since last summer and loving it.
    if you need some friends for support, and motivation then def add me.
    Chris
  • sarahsmom2011
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. Add me and I will be supportive for you.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    What are you doing differently now thatnyounare in India then when you were in the US?
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I also have 100+ to lose and I am also looking for some supportive friends so feel free to add me :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and also currently an American expat living in Asia. Though, unlike you, I gained a bit of weight since moving that I'm looking to take off. I only have about 10kg more that I want to lose (will adjust depending on how I look and feel), but I'm definitely up for mutual motivation.
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Welcome, and feel free add me as I am a daily logger and motivator!! I am living proof it can be done!! Had 130 to lose, now just 40 =)
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome & best of luck to you x