How to get my waist to about 24 or 25 "???

Options
I am pretty fit...I am about 127 lbs at 5 foot 6"
My measurements are 33" B 27" W and 35" H
I am getting married in October and I want my waist as small as possible so would like to lose 2 to 3 "on it...
I know I can't spot lose and that is fine... I am happy to get tighter everywhere.
I take about nine hours of ballet a week, hike about three hours a week and do a little gym in there too. I eat really well; am on a plant based diet and get all my nutrients.
Any ideas on what to do to get super tight and small waisted? I would imagine it's particular exercises?

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Think you'd need some more hours in the day to do more than you're already doing! Only thing I could think is using weights?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    No, it's not particular exercises.

Fat loss is done through a calorie deficit. Since you are already in great shape and are lean, just eat at a small calorie deficit from your personal TDEE and continue to workout as normal.
  • ironmadien
    ironmadien Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A waist training corset....it really helped!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Wedding dress with some good corsetting!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It's all based on body shape, genetics, and bone structure.

I have 33" hips and 34" chest, but a 27" waist just like you. I've come to terms that I will never get to 25" inches as that's not how my body is designed. I have no fat whatsoever on my abs or midsection, so there's nothing left to lose - it's just not meant to be for me.

Based on your diet and exercise routine that describe, I doubt you have much fat either.

I love all of the other parts of me, so I've decided to be happy with this as well.

I know this probably isn't as helpful as you like, but I want to share my experience nonetheless.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    And I second the idea of corsets. They do wonders!!!
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to eat at a small defecit...about how much less?

What is a waist training corset!? An actual tight corset? I don't want to be TOO uncomfortable on the day ;)

Yes..that IS my body type...I don't have much fat but I THINK I can get my waist a little smaller based on my sister's bodies which are like mine... subtle pear shaped/ hourglass/ ruler combo ;)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You could try wearing a tight fitted corset everyday (waist cincher) to train your waist?

Just a thought :smile:

http://www.corsets-uk.com/waist-training-corsets/waist-cinchers.html
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I only lost about 5 inches off my waist going from 200 to 158 pounds. I can't imagine losing 2 or 3 when you're starting at 127 and already doing 9 hours of ballet a week. It's not impossible, but given that you're already quite slender and fit, I think it's less likely that you can lose so much off your waist and still remain at a healthy weight.

Have you considered a corset?
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Cardio is good but your really need to do target exercises to tighten your muscles...like, oblique v-ups, leg lifts ,mason twists, bicycles, planks, leg climbs and good old fashion full sit ups. do 25 of each every other day you will notice a difference..their not fun and painful but give results!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You quite simply do not have the frame and proportions to get a waist that small. You'd probably have to starve yourself to a skeleton to get there and you still might not make it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lift and eat a balnced diet. I'm 5'8" 114lbs and measurements are 35"-24.5"-32". I just eat at a slight deficit (around 200 calorie daily deficit) with balanced macros (40-30-30) and lift every day. My thighs and arms are nice and defined and I've added significant mass to them. My arms are 11.75" and my thighs are now 18.75". Before I started lifting they were 10.75" and 17" respectively.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    do you have excess fat around your waist? If you don't, then it's not going to get any thinner. You can't change your basic body type as in your skeleton and how your muscles attach to the bone. You can lower your body fat percentage and you can make your muscles a little bigger, but that's it.

If you do have excess fat there, then it's a matter of reducing your body fat percentage by eating at a calorie deficit, until it goes away, at which point you'll probably have visible abs... as you're already very lean it would need to be a very conservative deficit for slow fat loss. Making the deficit too big will risk losing lean body mass along with the fat and then your body fat percentage doesn't improve, and the stubborn fat stays where it is even though you got lighter.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Moves that work your inner core abs can have a cinching effect. (As opposed to outer ab moves that work towards a six pack). I'm not so sure inches can fall off, but people who are very into Pilates swear by them for bringing in the waist. Maybe google some Pilates abs workouts?
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice :) Very helpful...the calorie defecit sounds useful, as do the corset and pilates style ab exercises :)
    There is not much fat for sure on me....but I think I could tighten the whle area up :) Then stick on a corset ;)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if you are already doing that much exercise-perhaps you need to accept that you might not be built to have a 25" waist. Accept who you are and the curves that YOU have-just my opinion. Sometimes trying to reach a certain size or measurement is just not realistic-just be the best version of YOU!
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water. I thought I had a 25" waist but that was just because I was bloated all the time. Now it's around 23.5
    I swear by it. xD
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You workout and eat well so keep doing what you're doing. 24 inch waists are really small, even supermodels struggle to keep their waists at 24 inches.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It's all based on body shape, genetics, and bone structure.

I have 33" hips and 34" chest, but a 27" waist just like you. I've come to terms that I will never get to 25" inches as that's not how my body is designed. I have no fat whatsoever on my abs or midsection, so there's nothing left to lose - it's just not meant to be for me.

Based on your diet and exercise routine that describe, I doubt you have much fat either.

I love all of the other parts of me, so I've decided to be happy with this as well.

I know this probably isn't as helpful as you like, but I want to share my experience nonetheless.

I second this notion!

How small your waist can get really depends on your body and skeletal structure. Sometimes the ribcage just will not allow it. 127lbs at 5'6" is already pretty light so perhaps 27" is the smallest your waist should be. Any lighter, and you may risk looking underweight and bony, and no one wants that on a wedding!

I think 27" is great and if you want that smaller looking waist on your wedding day, go for the corset instead of beating yourself up during the weeks proceeding the big day!

I am 5'6" 1/2 with a pretty boxy ribcage. The smallest my waist has ever been (after reaching adolescence) is 28" when I was 130lbs. So I understand the frustration of wanting a smaller waist. Sometimes building up the other parts with muscle (bust & butt) can make your waist look smaller too!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sometimes genetics get in the way of what we want. I'm not saying it won't happen, but maybe it is not realistic for your body. Maybe your body is the healthiest it can possibly be, as is. Your weight and measurements sound pretty perfect. Sorry to be of no help, just wanted to give you support.