Anybody have some ideas for lunches?

Options
I suck at figuring out lunches and usually resort to eating a PBJ or eating out. What do you all do for lunches? I need easy, cheap, and yummy!

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Salads are just as fast as a pbj or tuna is a great option :D
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Chicken. Cook ahead on the weekend, bring it in through he week, or just on Monday if you have space in your fridge.
  • ladired_23
    ladired_23 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been eating tuna the past couple days for lunch
  • roobe18
    roobe18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and peaches or 1/2 tuna fish sand are my stand bys.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Gluten free brown rice tortilla with some tahini, avocado, cucumber, and sprouts rolled up inside. :)
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My new favorite after today - some avocado mashed up with fage greek yogurt as the sauce for my wrap - chicken, ham, whatever kind. a little lettuce and tomato....yummy
  • RecoveringSugarAddict
    Options
    Gluten free brown rice tortilla with some tahini, avocado, cucumber, and sprouts rolled up inside. :)

Sounds delicious!
  • emilyx93
    emilyx93 Posts: 2
    Options
    I often have wholemeal pitta breads, with whatever i have in my frigde! normally cheese, lettuce and pickle

Tomorrow ive got cold sweet potato wedges and veg :) leftovers from tea.. yumm

or cold stir fry veg is also nice :)
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    tuna salad and crackers
    leftovers from dinner
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    cheddar cheese and red onion chutney sandwich is my fave at the moment another i love is houmous with celery and carrot sticks, amazingly filling :happy:
  • apcartwright
    apcartwright Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies, piece of meat, piece of cheese,and a fruit or use tortilla wraps with meat, spinach tomatoes, make a smoothie with fruit and spinach,
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Leftovers for the win! Sometimes I make things for dinner just because they taste better the next day.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    roast a bunch of cubed potatoes with your choice of spice for the week to make salad

spinach leaves
    alfalfa sprouts
    chopped tomato
    1/4 avocado
    15g mixed nuts
    140-200g cubed potato
    your choice of dressing, I go for mustard.

thats like 5-6 serves of vegetables + good fat.

380cals ish.

you might want to take an active roll in your health, its pretty easy to put together healthy meals, and you benefit directly.

just sayin.
  • margaret928
    Options
    2 Laughing Cow "Creamy Swiss" cheese wedges, with a serving of whole wheat crackers and an apple; also, I make a whole dozen of hard boiled eggs on Sunday and use them as easy-to-carry protein. You can add them to salads, veg sandwiches or eat solo. good luck!
  • pbrown003
    pbrown003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of salad...add chicken or tuna...spice it up!!
  • flsusi
    flsusi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite lunches that I prepare on the weekend and keep in the fridge is curried lentils:

cook 1 cup of lentils, add spinach, carrots, a can of tomatos, broccoli, scallions, some soy sauce, ginger, cinnamon, 1-2 tablespoons of curry - let simmer for a while - voila!