Options
charlesnapolitano
charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: A group

Ingredients
1 – 16 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
¼ cup liquid from can of chickpeas
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tahini- i used peanut butter
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
3 slices of roasted red peppers (I used canned fire roasted red peppers from Trader Joes)
Paprika and parsley for garnish
A large handful of chickpeas reserved for garnish
Instructions
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can along with a few chickpeas for garnish.
Combine all ingredients in the food processor (except the reserved chickpea liquid). Blend for 2-3 minutes (blend longer for more creamy texture). Use the chickpea liquid that you reserved to add to the hummus and blend more if you feel you want a creamier texture.
Add the roasted red peppers and pulse until the peppers are blended in and the hummus is smooth.
Place in serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with paprika and parsley (optional).
Notes

If you want to roast your own red peppers follow these instructions (http://www.yumsugar.com/How-Roast-Red-Peppers-241907).
Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 4-5 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.

Read more at http://www.acedarspoon.com/roasted-red-pepper-hummus/#gZ6Cix3wEXIKAO3r.99

Replies

• AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am a beginner vegetarian and had a great roasted red pepper hummus pita from Pita Pit yesterday loaded with red and green pepper, onion, corn, tomato, and jalapenos. Now I can make it at home!
  • Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sounds fabulous!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I usually make my hummus using artichokes, spinach and calamata olives. It has a lovely bite to it.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So far, roasted red pepper has been my favorite hummus. Bumping so the recipe is easier for me to find later!