Have over 100 pounds to lose - trying MFP, hope it works!

Options
I am on an uphill battle. I feel like this is my last resort. Starting a walking regimine(sp?) tomorrow. Trying to remain positive and motivated. I wish everyone continued success in their efforts. Thank you.

Replies

• candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Everyone is so supportive here and that makes a difference. Sometimes you have bad days, but just start over the next day.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Just remember slow is good....Keep your head up and keep on keepin on !! :smile: :happy:
  • liz253140
    liz253140 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started today and over 100 pounds to lose also. It looks like we will get a lot of support and encouragement here.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you've made a good choice in joining. I'm glad to see you've decided to begin with walking...add a bit more each few days as you're able to. One of the most important things is to begin logging your meals being very honest. This site makes it easy to adjust and work on making good choices. Still make sure to include small portions of your favorite foods every now and then...just try to fit them into your daily count. If you're constantly hungry, re-evaluate your calories and also learn which healthier foods help you fill up. It's a learning process...but the most important thing is that you're ready to begin! Good luck to you and ask when you need help or support.
  • rebeccab575
    rebeccab575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
    MFP will help you, and if you need advice or encouragement, we're here to help!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing over half my body weight.

SW: 240
    CW: 226
    GW: 120
    UGW: 104
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just started today and over 100 pounds to lose also. It looks like we will get a lot of support and encouragement here.

I met a 25 year old girl at my gym who lost 115lbs by using MFP, eating right and working out everyday. She started slowly and gained momentum and now I can't keep up with her. You can do it! We all support each other whether 5 or 100lbs to lose! Stay with it and success follows!
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great tool to help make positive decisions on what you put into your body. It works just give it time!
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you definitely have made a good choice, I am still in disbelief an awe each day because it does work. I am living proof. Please feel free to add me, my diary is open if you would like to look, I have only been doing this since Feb. but have had success and do not plan on stopping anytime soon. I still have a little over a hundred left to go myself so I will be here for a while and am always looking for motivational buddies. :) Congrats on the new you and good luck on your journey!!!..
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    it workz if u actually stay in your goal
  • NedStarks
    NedStarks Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck, this is also my first post as I decided today was the last Mother's Day I spent on the sidelines. I have young daughters and I want them to have a healthy and most importantly happy mom. I have spent much of their lives not being able to participate in activities they want to do and I want Mother's Day 2014 to be the complete opposite of how today went.
  • Kamatayan
    Kamatayan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm still rather new myself, but if anyone would like to send me an invite so they don't feel so alone here, please do.

I've got 105 pounds to go, funny thing is I'm excited to be so close to being under 100 pounds to my goal weight.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Stay strong and remember each day is a new day. There is tons of support on this site. Feel free to add me for support on your journey!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been doing this for about 6 days now and it's going great. I have a little bit more than you to lose, but I am hopeful that it will happen. Takes time to put on the weight, takes time to take off the weight.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I know you can do this!!
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've got about 145lbs to lose. You can friend request me if you like. :) You can do it!
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm fairly new myself, joining last Monday. I've seen a lot of support here already. Good luck and you'll do great I'm sure!
  • mworthen
    mworthen Posts: 11
    Options
    Don't give up. I have over 100 to lose but I've lost 46 so far. Add me!!! My best support is my friends here and family. :)
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You need to take it day by day. Some days you will fail but you need to bounce back the next. Add me if you like. Everyone could use more encouragement along the way. Good luck in your journey!!!!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am on an uphill battle. I feel like this is my last resort. Starting a walking regimine(sp?) tomorrow. Trying to remain positive and motivated. I wish everyone continued success in their efforts. Thank you.

You can definitely do it! I'm 2 months into my journey and down 48 pounds with 126 remaining. Just take it one day at a time and, if need be, an hour at a time. The cool thing is this does get easier as your motivation mushrooms in size. My first week was awful. I'm now enjoying the process of becoming healthy and each day is welcome. Before March 14th of this year, I lived almost in chronic pain, I was a week away from being placed on statins, metformin, and blood pressure medicine. I could barely walk, more like limp. Everyday of this journey presents another opportunity.