Too much weight too fast? 21lbs !!

Options
Hello everyone I have a question. I've been eatting about 1600-1800 calories a day with about 60-80 being carbs and doing about an hour of cardio in the morning 7 days a week. I feel pretty good I'm not tired all day or anything like that but 5 weeks ago I weighed in at 225 and this am my scale says 204. I've seen so many post about how 1-2 lbs a week is all you want to shoot for. I have quite a bit to lose and I've also read that heavier people will lose more quickly to start with. So what do you think? I feel like I'm on a good track and I should ride the quick loss out but I'm not a fitness guru by any means I dont measure food etc and I'm pretty new to weight loss until now I've only gained weight :laugh:

Replies

• meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I think that is normal since you have a bit to lose; I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks so I dont see anything wrong; Keep on with the awesome work!
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with losing weight fast.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Don't panic - (unfortunately) it will slow down :S. if you feel okay, I wouldn't worry about it. Oh and, well done!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    1800 cals is not very much for a man your size. I eat 1800 to lose weight and I'm quite a bit older than you, quite a bit smaller than you, and female.
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Lost 17 in 6 weeks - took another 6 weeks to lose the remaining 8! A lot of the weight you lose at first is "water weight" - and from the sounds of it, you've been burning those calories really efficiently! I wouldn't worry about it! If you're feeling physically fine and covering your nutritional bases, I would simply take pride in your success!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose, you can lose weight pretty quickly at the beginning. The first 6 weeks I lost about 30 pounds (I was heavier than you) and then it slowed down.
    I wouldn't be concerned you are losing too much at this stage at all. It will probably slow down from this point. Take it as a bonus head start! :bigsmile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I don't think it is too much too fast. I lost quickly in the beginning but I'm slowing down now.
  • MjrFatteh
    MjrFatteh Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks guys this makes me feel much better
  • uhohitslynzee
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in the first four weeks. The 2 weeks after that I've lost 3 lbs...so complete slow down. I'm trying not to get discouraged. but I know 1-2 lbs/week is healthy.
  • MjrFatteh
    MjrFatteh Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to the slow down :( maybe I'll fit in some weight training once that happens.
  • jonipaxton
    jonipaxton Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow...GREAT JOB you should be VERY proud of yourself :happy:

You may want to ensure that you take in a whey isolate protein 20 min or so after each workout if you are not already doing so as it will help you recover your muscles! If you have any soreness just add in some extra BCAA's!

Warm Regards,
    Joni
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nice job OP!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Well done Man but it comes off way fast at first. Unfortunatley your body will adjust to the new eatting and the new exercise. Keep on going even if you slow down or stop, eat enough and eat healthy and get some activitiy. Keep on rocking
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to the slow down :( maybe I'll fit in some weight training once that happens.

I've just slowed down myself and it sucks. I didn't drop anything this whole week and that's hard when you get used to seeing 2 pounds or more a week. The Biggest Loser is a great motivator but their weekly weight losses leaves many people feeling that it's normal, but it's so not normal. But I do which it was normal.