Pizza Chicken.. Low carb meal

Options
ergumm
ergumm Posts: 82 Member
I found this recipe on facebook and just had to share! Sounds like a great idea for a low carb meal! It looks amazing! I'm going to try it when I get groceries again. If someone tries it before I do, please let me know what you think. :-)

PIZZA CHICKEN
1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
1 tablespoon pizza sauce
4 slices pepperoni
1 teaspoon butter or oil
2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 thin green pepper rings
1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings; grill. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in butter or oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside. Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepperoni, the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake at 350º about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once.

Makes 1 serving
Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft

Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Replies

• packard80
    packard80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, we have been buying whole wheat dough from the deli and bbq it and adding veggies and cheese yum!!
  • tcartee2
    tcartee2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make doughless chicken pizza with ground white chicken meat. I flatten out the ground chicken on a pizza pan just as you normally would dough. Then bake it on 350 until just done (about 15 minutes). Remove from the oven, drain any liquid, and top it just as your normally would a pizza and then return to oven until cheese is melted. (Crank the oven up to around 400 before putting it back in the oven, so that it melts the cheese quickly without overcooking the chicken. Sometimes I will actually do an easy broil on this step, rather than baking at 400 deg., so the toppings are cooking and not the chicken.)

It helps the flavor of the chicken (and texture) if you mix it with a little cheese and pizza sauce before you spread it out and bake it. 1 pound of ground chicken makes about a 10 - 12" diameter round pizza. I like to spread it out really thin. Perfect for 2 people.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sounds great.
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! :)
  • connielouivey
    connielouivey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try this one! yum!!
  • jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    Options
    bump
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I make doughless chicken pizza with ground white chicken meat. I flatten out the ground chicken on a pizza pan just as you normally would dough. Then bake it on 350 until just done (about 15 minutes). Remove from the oven, drain any liquid, and top it just as your normally would a pizza and then return to oven until cheese is melted. (Crank the oven up to around 400 before putting it back in the oven, so that it melts the cheese quickly without overcooking the chicken. Sometimes I will actually do an easy broil on this step, rather than baking at 400 deg., so the toppings are cooking and not the chicken.)

It helps the flavor of the chicken (and texture) if you mix it with a little cheese and pizza sauce before you spread it out and bake it. 1 pound of ground chicken makes about a 10 - 12" diameter round pizza. I like to spread it out really thin. Perfect for 2 people.

Thats such a good idea!
  • asherid
    asherid Posts: 56
    Options
    Bump!
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    mmm *likes*
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!
  • mlg1712
    mlg1712 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yum! I used to make these many years ago, but totally forgot about them! Thanks for the reminder :)
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Dieting_Jen23
    Dieting_Jen23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ajscott78
    ajscott78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    sounds good, can you you use a low carb tortilla??
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I used to make this all the time, only difference was I would roll the chicken around the toppings.... the kids loved it!
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!