I still look pregnant!

Options
After I had my son I couldn't fit in any of my pre-pregnancy pants. It was a c-section, but I was overweight before too.

Going to the store was so depressing because nothing fit! If I get a size big enough to go around my belly then it's way too big around the legs. Ugh!

Sadly, my son is 9 months old now and my favorite thing to wear is still my maternity jeans. (I feel ridiculous for that)

I want to lose weight so I can shop in normal stores again. It's time for me to make a change, and I'd love to have some friends in the same boat. Any other depressed mommies out there? :)

Replies

• ladykc013
    ladykc013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! My son is 7 months and I am still in my yoga pants because nothing fits! I lost weight initially, but have gained it all back. I've only been using this app for about 2 weeks and it has been so helpful! It's just nice to keep track of what I'm eating because it makes me more accountable. I find myself looking for ways to exercise if I go over on my calories too!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Who has 2 thumbs and still wearing her maternity pants 7 months after??? This gal!! Pisses me off!! I too had a c and it seems like the thickness in my belly wont budge. I am going to keep truckin yhough!! You are not alone in this!!
  • HappyWifeBeth
    HappyWifeBeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Who has 2 thumbs and still wearing her maternity pants 7 months after??? This gal!! Pisses me off!! I too had a c and it seems like the thickness in my belly wont budge. I am going to keep truckin yhough!! You are not alone in this!!

So glad I'm not the only one! Everyone said to me, "It took nine months to get there so you have to give yourself nine months to get back." That nine months has come and gone now. My belly is disgusting. Luckily at least no one has asked me when I'm due... Yet!
  • WB43
    WB43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! This is the exact reason I am on myfitnesspal. my kids are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and people constantly think I have a third on the way. I am not pregnant!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore. I never had washboard abs by any means, but this is way out of control. People ask me when I'm due regularly and a few weeks ago at a petting zoo, the goat keeper flipped out when I went up to one of the baby sheep with my kids (apparently they carry some bacteria dangerous to a fetus). That was my final straw. I gained (and kept on) about 65 pounds total after my pregnancies and I'm looking to lose it all.
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I have 3 boys and 2 c sections. I totally understand about the rock hard stomach bulge that won't go away. I had my last son in October and wore my maternity pants into January. I finally decided to start 2013 about me. I needed to lose the weight and work on my gross stomach. I have lost 37 pounds and 2 pant sizes since then. My bulge is slowly being deflated. If anyone wants to add me feel free. I motivate and send out encouragement if I get in return :)
  • wakwam
    wakwam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!! i started today. My twins are just over 7 months and it is time. I want to get back to wedding day weight! My clothes fit but I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. Hoping I can make this happen and make some good changes before turning 35 in October.

Snowshoer mom- AWESOME JOB! I am hoping I will have your success!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I got one better for ya Momma! My youngest son just turned 2 and I still wear my Maternity shorts still so ashamed and I still look pregnant to the point people smile at my belly because they think Im pregnant.... Im hoping this will not be the case soon enough Add me I'll help you and you can help me stay on track!
  • tatianna23
    tatianna23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! My son will be 8 months on friday and i still got that belly making me look 6 mos pregnant. This is my third one and last one so im hoping i can get this weight off and keep it off and get that cute body i had as a freshman in college. :-) this is day 2 for me and im looking forward to using mfp to help me reach my goal.
  • HappyWifeBeth
    Options
    I'm really very glad to know I'm not the only one! We can do this ladies! A lot of strong mamas here :)

(I did have two different people think I was pregnant last week. I've lost a little over 10 lbs now, so I think my face and arms look a little thinner but that belly is still there. Ugh!)
  • HappyWifeBeth
    Options
    A little update from me: tonight I was able to wear a pair on non-maternity prepegnancy size jeans for the first time. They were a tad snug around the waistline, but I could still easily button them straight from the dryer. Feels good!
  • MandyMcAllen
    Options
    That's great!! Small steps, you'll get there!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Me too--my son is one and had my daughter three weeks ago! I will get even more massive if I keep eating so much...so I need to start now!
  • honeymoonmamma
    Options
    Yay for the pre-pregnancy pants! That's such s good feeling! I'm not back I'm my prepregnancy clothes yet, but I'm on my way.
  • ChristyYerka
    Options
    I am so tired of being asked if I am pregnant! Mother's Day weekend a man at the grocery store said "So you're having a baby, huh?"... I said "No" with a smile on my face and continued to walk...he said "I know it's obvious.." as if I was being sarcastic to him!!! Ugh! My kids are 7 and 3... I am no larger than I was prior to getting pregnant the first time! I was 170 in 2004...but that was before two pregnancys and two c-sections! Things just don't go back the same way for me! I got down to 145 within the first year my son was born... everyon complained I was too skinny....so I ate! I enjoy eating... and I spend all my time working or going from one kid oriented activity to the next! ALL of my work pants have elastic waistbands! Feel free to add me!