Looking for Clean Eating Friends!

Options
Dori_Gaga
Dori_Gaga Posts: 50 Member
So I'm not new here, but I deleted my old account, because I'm getting nowhere and now I'm making a fresh start with a fresh perspective.

I am getting into clean eating and I love it, and I am looking for people who are clean eaters who are interested in sharing recipes, tips, advice, anything! I just want to find people who are on the same page as me!

Replies

• savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    You can look thru my food logs. My diet is pretty dialed in.
  • GeorgiaMade
    Options
    I Googled "clean eating" and I guess that is pretty much what I do. I do not eat fast food (no McDonald's in about 11 years) or pre-fried/pre-prepared foods. Most of my groceries are from the produce section. I do not eat meat every day, and it usually comes from restaurants when I do. I do eat at some restaurants, but usually choose salad, chicken or turkey, unless it is a special occasion and I have compensated my diet that day and the next. I exercise 6 days most weeks. My goal is to run 5K's in Fall.
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am currently doing Whole30, so I am eating pretty clean : )
  • lulucall911
    lulucall911 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go clean i am pretty clean with my eating anyway (i don't eat procesed food or take out and buy local organic produce) but trying to make it a real focus.
  • Heres2Victory
    Heres2Victory Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I turned over a new leaf-- no pun intended. I have a huge garden and started veggies, fruit and lean meats. You can add me . My only down fall is I still love Cheese--must be the italian in me ; )
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean eater! I am vegetarian too..I dont do dairy either.
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest to clean (though there are times when i do not). eating clean has helped me in many ways - ive gained a lot more energy, lost some weight and learned that i enjoying cooking. i log daily on mfp and have an open diary (to friends only.) Add me if you like.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can look thru my food logs. My diet is pretty dialed in.

I peeked at your diary since you offered because clean eating is my goal. Maybe I'm missing something but in my mind things like low cal candy bars and meal bars, even wheaties is processed food. Again, I may be wrong but I consider clean eating to be limited ingredient, no artificial flavor or color, and nothing I can't pronounce. Like apples, organic chicken, or whole eggs. Almond butter has one ingredient: almonds. That's clean in my mind.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to eating clean (about 30 days in) so I still eat a few processed foods, but I've made huge improvements over what I was eating. And have totally given up diet pop (never thought I would be saying that!).

Feel free to friend me! :smile:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I wash my food before i eat it. Does that count:)
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My diet is mostly clean as well (except for the occasional treat). My best advice? Learn to make things on your own. Make your own bread. Make your own crackers. I just made my own breakfast bars. Find good cooking blogs for guidance. Only peruse the outside of the grocery store, or skip it all together for a farmers' market or community-shared agriculture program. Buy your rice and other grains in bulk.

Soon, you'll start wondering how people can put all that junk in their body - you'll wonder what you were thinking when you didn't question what cereal you were eating, or what was in those oreos, or how many chemicals were in that diet iced tea.

It's an amazing change, and for the best. Good luck!