>2500 calories per day and still hungry?

Options
Hey Guys!

Other than working out hard 5-6 days/week (weightlifting, interval cardio) I am sedentary ( studying all day at a desk.). I eat a very clean diet (keep my diary private though) filled with protein from meat and egg, lots of veggies and fruits, nuts, oats, etc. I want to get rid of a little body fat but my problem is, I am ravishingly hungry if I eat any less than ~2100 calories a day, and typically eat ~2500 per day. I can't imagine restricting too much but this seems like an absurd amount of food for a 132 lb female. Not trying to lose lbs, just a little extra fluff :-) if anyone has any tips on how they were able to feel a little more full (because I honestly never do!) please let me know! And thank you!!

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you're not trying to lose weight really why not eat at your TDEE or near it? It could be 2100 +
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much protein you are getting, but something I noticed when I first went to a high protein diet/low carb was that if I didn't have more fats and fiber, I would be starving before I even picked up the plate I just ate. I KNOW protein is supposed to help keep you feeling full longer, but there are times when the opposite is true.

If you are having trouble making your meals "last" until snack time or your next meal, try adding in some more healthy fats and/or fiber. These seem to work the trick for me. At least now, unless I'm severely short on calories for several days running, meals last until the next feeding.

Hope this helps!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What is your BMR and TDEE?
  • HappyFeat
    HappyFeat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I onl have an estimate of my TDEE based on a rough BF% and it was around 1840.
  • HappyFeat
    HappyFeat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kcaffee1 thank you! I will try to remember that at meals. :-)