Who wants to re-motivate themselves with me?

Options
emilyinatl
emilyinatl Posts: 17 Member
Been on here since last summer, but haven't been as active lately. Still working hard at this, but need to re-motivate myself. My high school reunion is 10 weeks away and I need to push hard to hit my goal by then! Anyone else out there have something coming up they need to kick it into high gear for? Let's help motivate each other!

Replies

• challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sure even with your hard work paying off already you will be stunning. Keep focused..stay true to logging..maybe even put up reminders to look at each day. You are welcome to add me as a friend. I always try to motivate as much as possible. Good luck! :)
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    I could be persuaded
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! We had a family dinner this past week and a relative pointed out how I'd gained weight. I've got about 25 - 30 to either lose or firm up and have been in a holding pattern for longer than I'd like to admit. :)

Summer's coming and I'd like to look sassy in a swimsuit. :)
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

Three reasons.
    1. I've been losing extra slowly and even teetering a little for a while now.
    2. I'm doing a 5K in July.
    3. I applied for the Biggest Loser and didn't get a call back and now I'm more determined to do this on my own.

I'm setting my goal to one pound per week and I'm going to work out Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday in the coming week.
    I will not eat back any of my calories burned through exercise.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really need help with being re-motivated! A few years ago I lost 30lbs and was feeling really happy with myself and confident. Then I got super stressed out in life and recently gained the weight back. I'm hoping to lose 30lbs by the end of August. :) I work in education as a sped aide at an elementary school, and I'm hoping to shock my co-workers at the beginning of the next school year with my progress.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just added you. Any one else wanting re-motivating is welcome to add me as well. I am so close to my first goal (185 lbs. which would take me out of the "obese" category and into the "overweight" one). But lately I've been slipping back in to my old ways, and the scale is reflecting that. I'm back up to 191. I would like to lose 10 pounds by July 4th.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Please add me, too! I've been doing great on the motivation front, but am really worried that I will start to slide next week when my brother arrives for a six-week visit...he and I looooooooove to drink wine together. Danger! Danger! I really want to kick things into high gear during the summer because the weather is so much more conducive to taking long walks (no ice to slip on), and I don't want the fact that my brother is here and my trainer is on summer vacation to lead to a backslide. Let's all encourage each other to stay strong and focused!
  • emilyinatl
    emilyinatl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay, so glad I found some buddies! Here's what I've been doing that's semi-working :)

I workout twice a week with a trainer (30 minutes each) and I go to a group power class twice a week (60 minutes each). I do really well on my food during the day, but I've been messing up at night. So, I need to really focus on my evening eating. I also want to start the c25k program soon. Oh, another stumbling block for me is friends wanting to get drinks after work on Friday. So hard to resist!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb 2012 and was doing great, then in Dec. we lost our 26 year old son and 2 months later, my dad, and 2 weeks after that, my closest cousin, and I have gained almost all of what I lost!! I MUST GET MOTIVATED.
    I have a cruise in Mid October too!
    Let's do this!
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    Are you trying to lose 29 pounds in 10 weeks?
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend as I too can use the motivation from friends. Would enjoy encouragng you on your journey.
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    Yay, so glad I found some buddies! Here's what I've been doing that's semi-working :)

I workout twice a week with a trainer (30 minutes each) and I go to a group power class twice a week (60 minutes each). I do really well on my food during the day, but I've been messing up at night. So, I need to really focus on my evening eating. I also want to start the c25k program soon. Oh, another stumbling block for me is friends wanting to get drinks after work on Friday. So hard to resist!

I can relate to the night time thing, especially if I stay up late. I manage not to drink usually when I go out but I have a tendency to stay out super late when I go out and eating an extra meal. Not good, I know. I either eat something at the bar or everyone goes to Denny's after the bar closes. The only good thing is that I usually get up late the next day and don't eat much that day.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Count me in! I am having an affair with the M&M bag...the HUGE bag!!! It is calling my name! Anyways...I want to re-group and focus. Get back to exercising, eating healthier choices, and get to my goal weight!
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm just starting to get back into the swing of taking care of myself with moving more and eating less.
  • 58cayo
    58cayo Posts: 26
    Options
    Honey your are preaching to the choir! I do great during the day, but come dinner time, I lose my mind. I just started MFP Thursday (I think), so I am looking to join with a group to lose, lose, lose. I am also scheduled to graduate Aug 2014 and I want to be slim and trim by then. I know it's a long way off, but I am building in "backsliding time" just in case.

Count me in!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    I could use some re-motivation and happy to provide it as well. Back on MFP after about a month's break....doesn't take nearly that long for the bad habits to take hold again :grumble: Back at it....anyone here feel free to add me.
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....also anyone else who needs someone that's on MFP daily.

I just started back on my journey after a 5 month vacation(not intentional). I still have 8lbs to go to get back down to my lowest. But I still have at least 26lbs to lose. I have a feeling I will want it to be more. But my next goal is to make it to 147lbs so it'll be a total 100lbs loss. So I can use all the motivation anyone can give me. :)
  • jimtryingtoslim
    jimtryingtoslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have holidays in 9 weeks now so want to keep motivated to loosing as much weight as possible.
    Feel free to add me
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    request sent :) , and any one can add me i'm here every day
  • SusieDerkinsRocks
    SusieDerkinsRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've spent a few weeks backsliding into old habits. Turns out logging, logging, logging is a key for me! I'm refocusing, and moving ahead. Want to do it together? I'll be your MFP friend!