Rewards for hitting ONEderland?

Options
dessyjo
dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
I am 8 pounds away from hitting the 100s which I haven't been to in at least 3 years, (Maybe more.) I want to celebrate somehow, but i'm not exactly sure what I should do. I don't really want to celebrate by eating out, since it feels like i'm contradicting my progress and I don't have much money to spare at the time being.. so i'm stuck. Any ideas?

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a spa day :) I got highlights and a facial
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like the spa day idea....(do that one if you have the money). Another idea, if you have the funds - get tickets to a concert.

For me, when money is tight, and I want to reward myself in a big way I make a list of local places like museums/parks/concerts with local bands to go and check out (making a whole day out of it) or a day trip to one place (I used to enjoy a drive up to the North Carolina mountains or down to the South Carolina beaches because I could get to either place and back in a day)...pack a nice picnic and snacks to last for the day, make a playlist or cd of good driving/walking songs, grab a friend or a pet (going solo is fun too), a camera to take lots and lots of pics, and just go.
  • dessyjo
    Options
    I would love a massage, but I have no idea where I would go to get one or if I could afford one. I'm also still embarrassed about my weight, so anything that involves showing a lot of skin kind of turns me off.

I would love to get my hair done, but I love my natural color and the length, so that's out until I decide I want a change.

Any more ideas?
  • girlmeetslife
    Options
    Congrats on (almost) making it to ONEderland! Why not go for a great mani/pedi, I find some pretty great deals for local salons on Groupon, or even check out the prom specials since it's coming to be that time of the year again.

If you're particularly tight on money, treat yourself to a relaxing spa day at home. Use natural, in your cupboard ingredients to make scrubs, face/hair masks and bath soaks. Chances are you already have some of the ingredients lying around already (olive oil, coconut oil, sea salt, oatmeal, yogurt, avocado, epsom salts, natural essences.... etc). Sometimes it's the act of taking the time to pamper yourself that's the most indulgent of all. Google some DIY beauty treatments and go to town!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I am finally 3 pounds away from ONEderland!

Now that the only pair of jeans I feel comfortable in are getting to the point I have to pull up Everytime I move... I may just buy myself a new pair of jeans ;)
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    since i read on your profile that you love reading how about getting yourself a nice new book and have a relaxed evening in the bathtub/sofa
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    congrats
    5 pounds away

Rewards-
    1. outfit
    2. jewelry
    3. purse
    4. ears peirced
    5. tatoo
    6. concert
    7. new bedding
    8. body washes, bath stuff
    9/ shoes. running shoes.
    10. manicure
    11. eyebrow waxing
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to a good book, a bubble bath, or download some new songs for your workout playlist. Reward yourself with some new workout gear (leg weights, a heart rate monitor or pedometer, maybe a workout DVD)...

If you have kids and want to get way, treat yourself to a sitter! Have them take the kids out so you can spend some quiet time reading a book, or watching a movie, or maybe some time with a significant other!

In our society, 'rewards' or celebrations always tend to be centered around food-always! We need to learn to appreciate other things and see them as a 'treat'. A hike around a beautiful lake, some alone time to have a hot shower, paint your nails and relax... whatever! Something you wouldn't normally 'treat' yourself to.
  • dessyjo
    Options
    I was thinking maybe I could convince the family to take a trip to the zoo since I love animals!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Run skirt. But that's just me. And I usually promise myself one for reaching a goal and then buy it anyway. And then I hit my goal, so it all works out. :)

Great job on your success!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I was thinking maybe I could convince the family to take a trip to the zoo since I love animals!

I was wondering if you had picked a reward - you deserve it...I love the idea of going to the zoo....I haven't been in ages (I think I will use this as a future reward for a future goal).