How Accurate do you Think FitBits are?

Options
13»

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Glad to know people are finding it accurate. I'm gonna track my cals for a couple weeks and see what I average and see if I need to adjust my food calories. Anyone figured out how to 'delete' the steps and stairs it thinks you take while driving?
    I don't actually get those driving extras, but if you do - make note of the time you get in and out of the car (you could use the timer on your FB for this). Then log the "driving" activity for that time. I'm not sure it will remove steps and stairs, but it does adjust the calories accordingly.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I tried to log that time as driving but it ADDED calories?
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them. Look at them as the steps from when you have your fitbit off, like getting ready to shower...etc.
  • CriticalValue196
    CriticalValue196 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's actually quite accurate! For those users with other devices, or who are thinking of picking up a lifestyle tracker, here's a great article I read this morning (when I was thinking about changing to an UP rather than a Flex): http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Good article. Thanks.

I don't have one yet but I've been researching for quite a while & everything I read continues to confirm that the FitBit One would be the best choice for me.

I love the idea of being able to put it on, leave it on 24/7 & forget about it but I won't consider anything that is going to be visible. I'm a professional & all the wrist/arm ones would be inappropriate, not to mention none of them are very fashionable.

Best Buy does price matching so I will most likely get mine there since there is a BB near where I live.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I tried to log that time as driving but it ADDED calories?

It will show the activity with a number of calories, BUT that number of calories should REPLACE the fake burn from driving. You can test this as follows:
    1. Check the calorie count on your FB (assuming it has a display).
    2. Log the activity.
    3. Sync.
    4. Check the calorie count again. It should be lower than before.

If it doesn't work, sorry, I haven't had the problem myself and that's the best I know from reading other people's issues on FB's forum.