Hiya

Options
Rachael
Rachael Posts: 168 Member
Hi y'all! I've been on this site off and on for 3 years (which is amazing to me) and I've had some good success, so I know it works. Last time, I think I lost 23 lbs. But, despite the losses, I'll get sidetracked and drop off (and then regain some or all of the weight). I think one of the reasons (aside from, yeah I can admit it, me being lazy or not being dedicated to my committment to myself :-) ) is that I've never been a part of a group of friends going through this same thing and supporting each other along the way. I use all the tools, I track my food, I exercise and I lurk around on the boards, even occassionally posting, but I can be shy and will, at times, agonize over posting or responding to a post...ridiculous, huh? :laugh:

So, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to introduce myself and say hello! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! The support you all give each other is amazing, and I'm sure being a part of a supporitve group of friends working toward the same goal is half the battle! Besides, we're on this journey together, right? Feel free to friend me, if you'd like. I'll do my best to give you all the support I can!

(Speaking of agonizing, it's taken me over 30 mins to draft this post, so if you are kind enough to respond to this post or friend me, etc, and I haven't responded in what is considered a socially acceptable period of time, please know that I'm not ignoring you...I'm agonizing over my response!)

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Hi Rachael! I am the same way about posting anything. . .I always worry what it will sound like and what if I upset someone. . .lol. I'm even worse about that in person so it's really hard for me to make new friends. I have also been on and off, off and on, this journey many times. . . this week being my "re-start" week after about 2 months and 20 lbs gained back :frown: I do know for sure that the positive support and having others to turn to who are on the same journey is very important!! Btw, no need in agonizing. . .your post sounded great!! :wink:
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    We've all been there a time or two. I saw someone's blog say this is Facebook for the heavy one. I LOL but I feel so good being on this website and everyone is so encouraging. I've really enjoyed meeting everyone and making new friends. I look forward to encouraging someone because I know someone else is gonna encourage me. God bless you on your weight loss journey.
  • Rachael
    Options
    Thanks, Sherry! I know EXACTLY what you mean! Sometimes I'm amazed I can even talk to anyone. LOL.

This is my second week back. I haven't lost anything yet - the 11 lbs on my ticker is from my last attempt. Of the 23 lbs lost, I regained 12...grrr!

I'm sure you'll drop that weight in no time!
  • Rachael
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Tammy. For sure, everyone's got to make the commitment and do it for themselves, but a little encouragement along the way sure is nice! Good luck to you, too!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Wish you the very best in your efforts. Feel free to friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • Rachael
    Options
    Thanks, cdsledge! Good luck to you, too!

I'm looking forward to getting know each of you :-)
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can be shy too and worry what others may think...so I know what you mean :tongue: