Hourglass and proud, share your befores and afters

Options
curds
curds Posts: 201 Member
Hey,

So I don't have one to start the thread off with sigh "heavy sigh", but I recently had to admit that I am not a pear and am in fact an hourglass trust me I googled various calculators and even fudged the numbers slightly to prove I wasn't, but to no avail. I am not a pear just a very hippy/curvy hourglass.

So, there's always these huge threads for pears and apples, but what about us hourglass girls? Sure there is some, but it never gets as many responses as the other shapes.

So if you buxom and proud show it off! Oh and especially if you don't have the small waist hourglasses are famous for I want to see you!

PS: if you started off as an hour glass and went to another shape you welcome as well!

Editing to add some success since its a success thread:

Bust went from 110 cm to 96 cms
waist went from 96 cm to 78 cm
hips went from 110 to 103 cm (not much of a change I'm a hippy girl legs themselves slimmed out)

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You're an hourglass? Oh noes, so sorry OP! :flowerforyou:
  • curds
    Options

Thanks for the sarcasm lol, but yes lol it was a bit of a shock since my family mostly lean towards the pear shape or athletic! and I only really starting getting boobs as I gained weight so naturally assumed I would lose them as I lost weight! I accepted my shape now though so just curious as to see what I might be looking forward to after all the jiggly bits and problem areas are gone!
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've gone from body-pillow shape, to ironing-board shape, to somebody-shrink-wrapped-a-dozen-wire-coat-hangers-in-the-vague -shape-of-a-human shape, haha!

In all seriousness, I've never had any curves at all. I've either been all bulgy and puffy at my heaviest, or very bony and angular (hence the coat hangers). I've got some great muscle tone now, but I'm still built like a yardstick. A RIPPED yardstick, mind you, but still... :tongue:

If I could pick any shape for myself, it would definitely be hourglass.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    <---Always an hourglass.
  • curds
    Options
    Quite honestly I never understood why the hourglass shape was so popular! Yes, yes, yes I am one and I'm not unhappy far from it lol its just I always found it curious as to why so many women wanted to have that particular shape! I suppose at the end of the day we all just need to work with what we have!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Thanks for the sarcasm lol, but yes lol it was a bit of a shock since my family mostly lean towards the pear shape or athletic! and I only really starting getting boobs as I gained weight so naturally assumed I would lose them as I lost weight! I accepted my shape now though so just curious as to see what I might be looking forward to after all the jiggly bits and problem areas are gone!
    Okay OP. Here is a picture.

Edit:picture was too big.
  • curds
    Options
    *love eyes* sigh both of you have a tummy I can only dream of right now! I will perceive though and add my jiggly free stomach here!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Sure I will.
    Starting 5'8" 155lbs 25% BF
    Ending 5'8" 140lbs 21.3% BF
    Goal 130-135lbs 16-18% BF
    6553648_5856.jpg
    6553648_7192.jpg

Ending measurements
    38" bust
    25" waist
    36" hip

Starting measurements
    38" bust
    28" waist
    39" hip
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Sure I will.
    Starting 5'8" 155lbs 25% BF
    Ending 5'8" 140lbs 21.3% BF
    Goal 130-135lbs 16-18% BF
    6553648_5856.jpg
    6553648_7192.jpg

Ending measurements
    38" bust
    25" waist
    36" hip

Starting measurements
    38" bust
    28" waist
    39" hip

Looking great!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    Thank you! I would like to see more before and afters! I saw a lot of before and afters for the "pear shaped" so let's hope the "hour glasses" come out :p
  • whierd
    Options
    I am still working on my hourglass figure. :blushing:
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    all my before shots are on my ticker, this photo I took about 3 days ago

DSCF1403.jpg

I have tried to get this silly thing to do the photo but even though I followed the instructions and changed the url to lower case it wont work?
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    December 2012, I had less muscle then than now.

a460d483-df27-4162-bd62-9169a5a15012_zpsaf102806.jpg

I don't have any recent pics, just avitar from march and back picture:

FB4525AE-F7B9-44CF-AD7E-5409D6EE9C50-628-0000007DEE6FC2ED_zps12f0ee53.jpg
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    DSCF1403.jpg
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started April 10th, these are pics of first day, day 15 and day 34!

Front
    16k5ojp.png

Side
    2wmoy00.png

Back
    2wfigz8.png
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    DSCF1403.jpg
    For Gypsy ^ tried fixing your link

Mandy great profile ! Love your back! Mine was like that and I am trying to get back there.

And way to go esty!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    I am still working on my hourglass figure. :blushing:
    Aw takes time :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    work in progress, but as you all can see I'm somewhere between hourglass and pear. At least from behind. lol.

Foumlre130401_zpse7ad2f20.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    You look great!
  • whierd
    Options
    work in progress, but as you all can see I'm somewhere between hourglass and pear. At least from behind. lol.

Foumlre130401_zpse7ad2f20.jpg

Wow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!